Liverpool (a) post-match thread

The way I see it he was looking to cross the ball, so if it hit his arm he couldn’t get a penalty. What is wrong is that in the buildup to their goal there was AA’s arm so as haircut said, it should have been ruled out. Let’s see howthe PL explain this

With their usual bullshit and lies. It's how they deal with criticism and errors.

Not signing Maguire is a blessing. Leicester have done just fine without him he is slower than than a super model.

Leicester’s replacement would have been better and the Evans signing had it gone through a couple of seasons ago may not have been such a bad thing as he is very consistent for them and certainly more so than Stones and Otamendi. All ifs and buts though.

My take on yesterdays game:

That penalty (and it was a penalty) is given at 0-0 and it's a different game which I genuinely don't think we'd have gone on to lose, even if we'd missed the penalty.

Sadly, we were robbed of the opportunity to take at least a point, away from home with an injury ravaged team.

He wasn't going to get any decisions and it just felt like we werent getting anywhere. Either way I think Mahrez and Foden should have come on.
You seem to forget the MASSIVE chance for Jesus at 3-1 that Sterling created? He destroyed Arnold in the second half. Mahrez for Gundogan after HT, then Foden for Bernardo later would have been right.

The problem for me seems to be fatigue, IMO the players have peaked under Pep owing to the huge demands he puts on fitness and energy levels both on the training pitch and during games. We can see the effects this is now having on the players just look at how many injuries we have it's like the players are made of glass and the fear of being injured has to be a factor.

Aside from that however and getting back to the game today, we should have had 1 penalty, TAA moved his arm out and as VAR have already said that B.silva touching it with his hand doesn't come into the equation so it is a penalty it isn't a disallowed goal for Liverpool because the game should have stopped earlier.

Fern is not a CB, Gundogan at DM does not work, Otamendi is not a Pep player he is reckless. Bravo is crap. Mendy is decent but can't stay fit.

City have several areas they need to work on and fast and I'm talking January not Summer and hope that Liverpool cock it up.

We need another DM, two CB's and for goodness sake another striker.

D.Silva shouldn't be a regular starter now he is leaving, put Foden in or let Gundo play this role. Otamendi needs to go, Stones should be pushed into midfield he isn't a CB I don't care what anyone says his positioning is atrocious.

Above all else City shouldn't have won the title last year, they gambled with not replacing Fernandinho and when he got injured Gundogan played the DM role surprisingly well and the re-surgence of Kompany won us that title. Not replacing Kompany this year was a step too far. Many of us said we would pay for it and we are doing.
Not sure we'll buy 5 in January!

But if we want to win the CL we need a CB.

As you say Stones in midfield then with Rodri and Dinho we don't need another CM.

Striker is tricky. We already have Mahrez and Jesus not getting game time.

Not sure we'll buy 5 in January!

But if we want to win the CL we need a CB.

As you say Stones in midfield then with Rodri and Dinho we don't need another CM.

Striker is tricky. We already have Mahrez and Jesus not getting game time.

I don't think we will buy anyone in January. I think Pep knows the league is gone so will just chase the CL.

We are an outstanding side who have injury problems, and ran into some bad luck with the refereeing. Who knows what would have happened had the ref or VAR made the correct pen. calls? The first one is arguable. The push on Sterling is obvious but only with VAR. In real-time the ref has no chance of seeing that.

But in terms of general play, here are my over the top instant over reactions:

Angelino played very well. Why was he playing? Mendy is a long term doubt for me. He looks way short of where he was. It's not just rust, because I have seen players like Grealish leave him for dead. I haven't made up my mind on Mendy, but his game is worrying me.

Obviously the central defence hangs on Laporte. That is not a problem. We have two outstanding young central defenders coming through. I think we did the right thing in passing on Maguire. I think Pep should have just played Garcia in there and used Fernandinho in midfield.

Gundogan - always makes mistakes and goes missing. He's not consistent enough.

David Silva - finished. Start to play Foden. He should have started against Liverpool.

Aguero - slowing up. Start to play Sterling, Jesus and Bernardo.

Is Rodri good enough to play the deep central midfielder. He is nowhere near as mobile as Fernandinho? He may just need time.

Pep: Completely unable to change tactics to cover a team hurt by injury. We went to the best counter-attacking side in world football with only one proper central defender and laid siege to them. Liverpool just picked us off. They did though get the breaks in regards to scoring a worldie at the right time, and getting 50/50 refereeing calls.

EJBwgN0XYAASNSX.jpg
One thing people never account for here is perspective. Look how narrow the width of the line in the grass appears at the top compared to the bottom. So to be accurate, the line does need to be slightly skewed. People always think it has to be parallel to the nearest grass line but that’s plain wrong. In this example it seems skewed the wrong way though if anything, to make him look offside. It’s incredibly tight.
Correct. Because it's thinner at the top, the actual line will be slightly closer to the grass line at the top. This is the correct VAR line and Salah was clearly onside.

We are an outstanding side who have injury problems, and ran into some bad luck with the refereeing. Who knows what would have happened had the ref or VAR made the correct pen. calls? The first one is arguable. The push on Sterling is obvious but only with VAR. In real-time the ref has no chance of seeing that.

But in terms of general play, here are my over the top instant over reactions:

Angelino played very well. Why was he playing? Mendy is a long term doubt for me. He looks way short of where he was. It's not just rust, because I have seen players like Grealish leave him for dead. I haven't made up my mind on Mendy, but his game is worrying me.

Obviously the central defence hangs on Laporte. That is not a problem. We have two outstanding young central defenders coming through. I think we did the right thing in passing on Maguire. I think Pep should have just played Garcia in there and used Fernandinho in midfield.

Gundogan - always makes mistakes and goes missing. He's not consistent enough.

David Silva - finished. Start to play Foden. He should have started against Liverpool.

Aguero - slowing up. Start to play Sterling, Jesus and Bernardo.

Is Rodri good enough to play the deep central midfielder. He is nowhere near as mobile as Fernandinho? He may just need time.

Pep: Completely unable to change tactics to cover a team hurt by injury. We went to the best counter-attacking side in world football with only one proper central defender and laid siege to them. Liverpool just picked us off. They did though get the breaks in regards to scoring a worldie at the right time, and getting 50/50 refereeing calls.

I agree with you on Garcia at CB rather than Fern out of position. It can't get any worse can it?

And bravos pathetic flap at it when he dived
I know it's opinions but I didn't see Bravo at fault for any of the goals. The 3rd I felt he did well to even get a hand to. A crossed ball dropping on to an attackers head and he has to chose where he needs to go, split second stuff. High, mid, low and he got to the ball just couldn't get enough to keep it out. I agree he's been poor but Bravo is not to blame for that defeat. Take your pick, Oliver, PGMOL, the non existent VAR, poor finishing or poor selection to shoot and not pass. Yes I'm as pissed as everyone else but I don't blame Bravo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.