Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Leicester’s replacement would have been better and the Evans signing had it gone through a couple of seasons ago may not have been such a bad thing as he is very consistent for them and certainly more so than Stones and Otamendi. All ifs and buts though.
JFE has been an outstanding signing for them, far superior to our CB's, Laporte apart.

We are an outstanding side who have injury problems, and ran into some bad luck with the refereeing. Who knows what would have happened had the ref or VAR made the correct pen. calls? The first one is arguable. The push on Sterling is obvious but only with VAR. In real-time the ref has no chance of seeing that.

But in terms of general play, here are my over the top instant over reactions:

Angelino played very well. Why was he playing? Mendy is a long term doubt for me. He looks way short of where he was. It's not just rust, because I have seen players like Grealish leave him for dead. I haven't made up my mind on Mendy, but his game is worrying me.

Obviously the central defence hangs on Laporte. That is not a problem. We have two outstanding young central defenders coming through. I think we did the right thing in passing on Maguire. I think Pep should have just played Garcia in there and used Fernandinho in midfield.

Gundogan - always makes mistakes and goes missing. He's not consistent enough.

David Silva - finished. Start to play Foden. He should have started against Liverpool.

Aguero - slowing up. Start to play Sterling, Jesus and Bernardo.

Is Rodri good enough to play the deep central midfielder. He is nowhere near as mobile as Fernandinho? He may just need time.

Pep: Completely unable to change tactics to cover a team hurt by injury. We went to the best counter-attacking side in world football with only one proper central defender and laid siege to them. Liverpool just picked us off. They did though get the breaks in regards to scoring a worldie at the right time, and getting 50/50 refereeing calls.

Completely disrespectful to David Silva. He'll have plenty of influential games in what is sadly his final season.

On this first VAR situation I keep reading we should have got a penalty before Fabihno goal, am I the the only one seeing Bernardo's hand before TAA's one.

A bit of honesty please.
I think it's irrelevant. PGMOL confirmed that Silva’s handball wasn’t taken into account for the first VAR decision. The reason a penalty wasn't awarded, according to them, was that Alexander-Arnold's arm was in a natural position. Which is absolute bullshit.

On a slightly positive note, it's good to find out that people who you thought had either passed away, emigrated to Outer Mongolia or had decided to hibernate early for the winter season are actually still with us and able to communicate through social media!

Completely disrespectful to David Silva. He'll have plenty of influential games in what is sadly his final season.
No it's not. It's a realistic assessment that his game is no longer good enough otherwise this would not be his last season.

You always do this. You attack people for having and expressing valid opinions.

Above all else City shouldn't have won the title last year

Are you being serious? We were much better than the dippers and it wouldn’t have been so close if opposition goalkeepers hadn’t thrown the ball in their own net on 3-4 occasions. We should’ve won the title and we did, deservedly so

I think it's irrelevant. PGMOL confirmed that Silva’s handball wasn’t taken into account for the first VAR decision. The reason a penalty wasn't awarded, according to them, was that Alexander-Arnold's arm was in a natural position. Which is absolute bullshit.
But they just make it up to cover mistakes. Deliberate v accidental handball has always been a grey area.

so if Bernardo handballed it first isn’t that a free kick to Liverpool in their box ?

Wasn’t that the reason why their goal was allowed though? I think had he given a penalty then Silva’s handball would have been taken into account as handball seems to penalise the attacking team regardless of the way it happens. Silva’s handball was clearer than Laporte’s against Spurs. I think they would have VAR our pen if given and then overruled it. I don’t think the PGMOL statement refers to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.