Var debate 2019/20

So what happened to them against united?
It's not a conspiracy they're just incompetent arse covering idiots.
Of course they're incompetent, in fact they're the only body of people that make the 600 or so buffoons in parliament look like they care about the people they serve, but the alleged foul before the United goal was a matter of opinion rather than the moronic adaptable handball rules that allow officials to create the result they want.

Last edited:
I initially welcomed the introduction of VAR, naively thinking it would enhance the game and eliminate any potential bias from refs as their decisions would face greater scrutiny. The precise opposite has happened though, as many predicted it would, and there is now far more opportunity for officials to influence games as they see fit. The explanation given yesterday for the Alexander-Arnold handball (that his arm was in a "natural" position) is an insult to fans' intelligence, and the haste with which they concluded that Salah was onside makes a mockery of the system. I'm absolutely certain that if those two calls had been the other way around, Liverpool would've been awarded the penalty and the goal for us would have been judged offside.
Haha, Ric finally succumbing to the tinfoil hat wearing brigade!

Think this is as much down to the daft situation they’ve got into with the handball rule as well.

With Silvas handball, that is a foul if it leads to either him scoring or it creating a goal scoring chance for someone else (which is what the Laporte was one was classed to do).

His didn’t do either as the next action was TAAs handball, so the only thing to judge on it was if it was deliberate or not, which it wasn’t so play carries on. Had it missed TAA completely and gone to Sterling and he scored, it would have been pulled back.

In terms of TAAs handball, the thing to judge there is exactly the same - whether it was deliberate or not. I thought it was, as did most pundits I’ve seen. Oliver deemed it wasn’t and so play carried on. His handball isn’t the same as Laportes as it didn’t lead directly to a goal scoring chance for the next player.

It does if salah was offside and var wasn’t available to validate I it has an effect on the season. We were docked two points due to
Technology. That technology wasn’t I use today to potentially rule out opponents goals.

Not according to the VAR protocol. Otherwise a system failure would void a match in the middle of it, which would be crazy.

I find it strange that the VAR view of Salah has not been shown, unless I missed it! They usually show the two lines showing 'clearly' why it was offside or not. Anyone seen it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.