Liverpool (a) post-match thread

WE got lucky? No, THEY got lucky...or should I say you? “I don’t like Liverpool” yet you sound like you’ve got posters of Gerrard and candles everywhere in your room with some of the shit you’re saying
Are they better this season ? I am not certain but they are nine points ahead which as things stand is a very big problem for us. The first 4 or 5 games after the break are crucial.

WE got lucky? No, THEY got lucky...or should I say you? “I don’t like Liverpool” yet you sound like you’ve got posters of Gerrard and candles everywhere in your room with some of the shit you’re saying

How dare you, you don't know me. I've supported this club for 25 years and have never supported any other team but I am a realist and recognize that at the end of the day it is a sport. Not life or death. Liverpool at the moment because of our injury situation ARE better than us and for large parts of the season last year they were just as good as us but we didn't have the injuries that we do at the moment. When you have a season that is so close on points then you need luck and we got that last year.

How dare you, you don't know me. I've supported this club for 25 years and have never supported any other team but I am a realist and recognize that at the end of the day it is a sport. Not life or death. Liverpool at the moment because of our injury situation ARE better than us and for large parts of the season last year they were just as good as us but we didn't have the injuries that we do at the moment. When you have a season that is so close on points then you need luck and we got that last year.
OK Greta calm down. We certainly proved that we were the better team with that 14 game winning run in and we did have a lot of injuries as well. But Liverpool do look to be at or around the same level as last season while sadly notwithstanding the injuries we have fallen back a bit.

For those that are continuing to state that Silva accidental handball before TTA handball is relevant, well it isnt.

The Premier League confirmed this and it was highlighted on MOTD as not relevant.

It may be easier to understand if you compare it to an indirect free kick that's taken and its on goal and TTA is

on the goal line and moves his arm towards the ball and it hits his arm and deflects away to safety. If he hadn't

touched it and it had gone straight into goal, the goal would be disallowed as it was an indirect freekick and only

the freekick taker had touched it prior to TTA. So if TTA hadn't touched it, the goal would have been disallowed.

However, at the point he handballed it, previous phase is irrelevant as it's the penalty offence that's then relevant.

Rodri was one of our stand out performers before his injury and was decent yesterday. If you think Dinho was excellent all the time in that role you are mistaken. Dinho was so poor in the 2nd half of the 16/17 season that Pep benched him and used Toure who was far less mobile than Rodri. Dinho missed half of the 14 consecutive games we won in the league last season.

Pep "completely unable" to change tactics to cover a team hurt by injury"? How exactly could he change tactics in order to compensate for Ederson's and Laporte's absences? To play like a small team with 10 men behind the ball and pray to football gods that we survive at Anfield? What's the point of those cheap (or deliberately obtuse) criticisms? You want from this team to do much better despite Liverpool gettingbreaks, luck, referee decisions in their favour?

We won 198 pts with make-shift FBs on the left and with one of the best players in the world missing many games. Because we didn'tchange tactics but continued to play the same way. City have an identity and can't go to Anfield and play for one game a completely different tactics. This much should be obvious.

And you don't understand much about football if you think we could start with Garcia at Anfield where Liverpool could put 3-4 goals past any team in the world when on song.
I am just making an observation that if you go to ANfield without your main keeper and main central defender and you have a left back with a handful of appearances, and a midfielder playing in defence, then you are almost certainly going to get ripped on the counter-attack.

Would I change Pep? No. I love his attitude to the game, but it is true that he will not compromise on his style of play. Another coach faced with that scenario would have protected his defence.

I don't think Fernandinho in central defence has worked at all. In hindsight I would have gone with Garcia. I am not saying that Garcia would have on his own have ensured a clean sheet. There are obviously a few issues at the moment.

Couldnt help but think of this

I am just making an observation that if you go to ANfield without your main keeper and main central defender and you have a left back with a handful of appearances, and a midfielder playing in defence, then you are almost certainly going to get ripped on the counter-attack.

Would I change Pep? No. I love his attitude to the game, but it is true that he will not compromise on his style of play. Another coach faced with that scenario would have protected his defence.

I don't think Fernandinho in central defence has worked at all. In hindsight I would have gone with Garcia. I am not saying that Garcia would have on his own have ensured a clean sheet. There are obviously a few issues at the moment.

Pep knew we couldn't survive sitting deep as we can't defend set pieces with those players (Garcia is probablyworse at it than Dinho). To play Garcia at Anfield is nothing short of crazy. EDS with him in the team have conceded 3 or more goals on several occasions this season. He is completely inexperienced at this level. Seasoned professionals and internatinals of England, Spain, Argenitna, etc suffer at Anfield. It's completely out of question to play a youngser at CB there. Liverpool smashed Barca with 4:0 there, we lost with Kompany 3:0. I hope Garcia is going to be a fantastic CB but away PL games is not the time to make such wild experiments. It's not serious.

Pep knew we couldn't survive sitting deep as we can't defend set pieces with those players (Garcia is probablyworse at it than Dinho). To play Garcia at Anfield is nothing short of crazy. EDS with him in the team have conceded 3 or more goals on several occasions this season. He is completely inexperienced at this level. Seasoned professionals and internatinals of England, Spain, Argenitna, etc suffer at Anfield. It's completely out of question to play a youngser at CB there. Liverpool smashed Barca with 4:0 there, we lost with Kompany 3:0. I hope Garcia is going to be a fantastic CB but away PL games is not the time to make such wild experiments. It's not serious.
He couldn't do much fucking worse to be fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.