Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Pep: Completely unable to change tactics to cover a team hurt by injury. We went to the best counter-attacking side in world football with only one proper central defender and laid siege to them. Liverpool just picked us off. They did though get the breaks in regards to scoring a worldie at the right time, and getting 50/50 refereeing calls.
50/50?

I'd settle for 40/60 at the moment.

when a snapshot of a situation is scrutinised, it is a "still" from a video, of something that "existed" for a fraction of a second. Players moving in opposite directions, the infinitely tiny moment the ball is in contact with the passing foot/head, the fact that the lino has only one pair of eyes and that light travels more in one second than sound does in a year......In short, the rules can never be implemented to perfection every time. Why even try, why not concentrate on what is achievable by humans, rather than ever more complicated and expensive 'tech, that is causing far more confusion than it resolves. The world's biggest sport is in the hands of people who are motivated by keeping the status quo, that has put them in power, sound-bites and p.r. tower over actions. To expect them to solve problems that they refuse to admit exists is to believe in unicorns and the earth is flat.......At the very minimum a season-long trial "WITH NO OFF-SIDE" would be a start..... Off-side was meant for a totally different game and fixed a problem that didn't exist, scrapping it would make the pitch effectively bigger, and reward skill more than brawn, it might not result in more goals but at least we would be sure it was either a good or bad rule.......

He couldn't do much fucking worse to be fair.

He could, of course, especially playing against world class attackers like Salah and Mane. That moment when Dinho dispossessed Salah was brilliant. To think Garcia would do that is to massively overstimate one's judment and understimate the judgment of the manager.

Making 1 substitute in 90 minutes, when we are 3-0 down is not good enough.
Absolute bullshit.

making substitutes will only work if there are players on the bench capable of changing the game. City were pretty well down to the bare bones.

Maybe Mahrez could have come on but Bernardo and Stirling were causing more problems for Liverpool.

Their third goal tells us everything. Jordan fucking Henderson gets to bye line with both Gundogan and Angleino half arsed effort trying to close him down. He then put in a cross that you would expect your keeper to just step out and catch. Then when he doesn't Walker just stands and watches as Mane nips in. Its an absolute shambles of a defense.
It was the same against Villa. Grealish waltzed past Gundogan and Mendy and people fawned over Grealish. The common denominator is that Gundogan is a fucking shit house.

Last edited:
Can someone explain, taking into account there was no break in play between the two events, why their first goal wasn't disallowed for TAA's handball? It directly led to their goal.

Considering Laporte's goal against Spurs was disallowed for that reason, why wasn't this one? A handball in the build up is a handball in the build up.

i will just leave this here

Liv-City-VAR-1.png
Whose line is that though?

I want to write maybe an unpopular opinion but it needs writing.

What I dislike most about following football is the attitude of City supporters towards their own players. At times it's like witnessing a rabid pack of animals turning on one of their own because of an injury or weakness.

I don't go to games very often these days mostly because I can't afford it and follow games on tv. I was at a game a few years back, City were 4 - 0 up and Jo came on. You should have heard it. Nothing but venom towards him before he had even touched the ball. I've heard similar towards Samaras and Mike Sheron but undoubtedly this has happened many times towards many of players. Malcolm Allison! used to complain about it.

Currently that attitude exists towards Bravo. All this labelling of Bravo as "a clown" is nothing but vicious, unwarranted criticism.

Bravo is a human being. He is doing his best. He is the best option we have right now. He has the backing of his manager.

Against Liverpool he played well. His distribution - which before the game I was worried about - was brilliant and I only counted one misplaced pass in an otherwise immaculate display of distribution.

I have read the opinion he was at fault for the 3rd goal. Really? The cross should have been defended by Angelino and the header should have been defended by Walker. You could say at least there was an accumulation of defensive errors before it came to Bravo's attempt at a save. From the back view Bravo got his hand on it but could not keep it out. It would have been extraordinary to have kept it out. It certainly was not a howler. Maybe Gordon Banks could have kept it out but the save he made that was similar against Brazil has been hailed as one of the greatest saves of all time.

When supporters get on the back of their own team, collectively or individually, all they achieve is to make things more stressful and more difficult for their own team. I am a football supporter and I know things get frustrating and expressing that frustration is part of the game. But in my view the criticism that players get is often predetermined and mindless. If you want to keep having go at certain City players because you know - better then the manager - that they aren't good enough and you can't express that criticism as a reasoned opinion but have to use derogatory terms maybe you should "support" someone else. You will not be missed.

He could, of course, especially playing against world class attackers like Salah and Mane. That moment when Dinho dispossessed Salah was brilliant. To think Garcia would do that is to massively overstimate one's judment and understimate the judgment of the manager.
Of course he is capable of that, its rediculous to suggest he isn't. If he couldn't do those kinds of things then Pep wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team.

Absolute bullshit.

making substitutes will only work if there are players on the bench capable of changing the game.

Not bullshit at all mate, Mahrez, Foden and Jesus were all capable of changing the dynamic of the game.

It wasn't fucking working at 3-0, so to just stick your head in the sand and not change it is fucking idiotic and I am glad you ain't managing the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.