Will this challenge make Pep stay longer

Personally I think he has an eye on the Spain job and doing a World Cup. But I assume the 2022 in Qatar is 1 too soon and 2, will be shit as its in Qatar. The 2026 WC is in the USA/Canada/Mexico. I would put money on Pep being the Spain coach for that.

So what between then and now. I doubt anyone is offering more money than us. And I doubt there is a bigger challenge. I don't see the pull of Juve - its a slam dunk domestic title and then another roll of the dice in the CL. Maybe just so he can tick off another league and big club but is it worth moving your family around for!

I would think with us until Summer 2022 then Spain for the 2024 euro and 2026 WC. He could squeeze another club in there for 2 years if he left us a bit early but I dont see him as the type to squeeze things in.
Would his association with the Catalan independence movement not scupper any chances of the spain job?

The personnel maybe in place in the squad.

For example, I like what I have seen with Harwood-Bellis and Garcia who seem close to stepping up. Foden is imo already ready to step up, and I don't understand why Pep is not using him more. He has got goals in him, and assists. Rodri may or may not be able to replace Fernandinho in midfield. He is not quick and nimble like Fern, but he is powerful and technically very good. Jesus could replace Aguero. Sterling may also be able to play inside more often.
Hopefully so but the kids may have to wait until Pep goes before they get a regular run out in the first team

If he does go then they're big boots to fill.

Brendan might be in the running. Probably not that popular a choice on here but he´s doing well at Leicester and he is ambitious.

I think that Brendan is a good shout at present. he plays a similar style which is always a benefit

That said I am sure we have a contingency plan in place for when the day arrives

Why go to an already dominant side?
He'll just win a few more Serie A titles, so what, big deal, Juventus have won the last 8 haven't they ?
I think he’d like being able to say he’s won the league in each of the top 4 European Leagues. I’m curious now, has any manager done that before? If so, how many? He’ll be thinking of his legacy.

Pep could also stay on at City. There is a great challenge at City.

The squad looks to be largely in place to refresh old players, although there are some doubts, and the Premier League is the place to be:

Liverpool are a fantastic side. Man Utd and Arsenal will recover in time. Chelsea are coming back. I would want to manage here. Pep looks tired though. He lives every moment.

I think he’d like being able to say he’s won the league in each of the top 4 European Leagues. I’m curious now, has any manager done that before? If so, how many? He’ll be thinking of his legacy.
Maybe so but taking Juventus to the title is hardly a challenge, i reckon even Fat Sam could do it

Pep could also stay on at City. There is a great challenge at City.

The squad looks to be largely in place to refresh old players, although there are some doubts, and the Premier League is the place to be:

Liverpool are a fantastic side. Man Utd and Arsenal will recover in time. Chelsea are coming back. I would want to manage here. Pep looks tired though. He lives every moment.

I think that this is the biggest concern for me - Pep puts in 100% effort and because of that he runs the risk of burnout. The good thing is though, that the club back him 100% in return and dont put him under pressure at all. He has the running of the club to his liking

I hope he extends his contract

Maybe so but taking Juventus to the title is hardly a challenge, i reckon even Fat Sam could do it
I agree with you. But Pep is not immune from having an ego.

Ancelotti has the title in England, Germany, Italy and France.

Mourinho has the title in England, Spain, Italy and Portugal.

If Pep can complete England, Spain, Germany and Italy, then that puts him top of the pile. I can’t think of anyone that has achieved that? Ancelotti had the chance with Real Madrid but didn’t do it.

I know it sounds daft after the couple of seasons we've had but the rebuild is going to take time and a huge amount of money, not sure Pep will be given the amount of transfer funding he'll need or will wait to hang around to see it happen.
I have no idea when he'll leave but i wouldn't be surprised if he left at the end of this season

Rebuild?

Ederson, Cancelo, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Bernardo, Sterling, Rodri, Jesus, Mahrez, KdB, Gundongan, Sane.

That´s 11 players Pep signed , and 2 Kev and Raheem that were bought on his say so. All under 30, in most cases under 25.

Yes we need a dominant CB, but spend a shed load I don´t think so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.