Should we prioritise Champions League now?

Yes. It of course doesn’t mean sacking off our league games, but when the knockouts start we will play our strongest team in the CL and rotate around it, I’m sure of that.

I'm not sure there's energy left in this team to fight it again on all fronts. We have lot of injuries and 3 years with Pep is very draining, specially to some older players that are still important for us.

Should we just secure top 4, eventually play it easy in League Cup and throw everything on Champions League? It's not guaranteed or close to that even then, but I doubt we are strong enough to do it if we go for everything again.
I’m not sure we’ve got the back 4 to win the champions league, we played against top notch forwards yesterday and they scored at will and pressed high up the pitch. Top strikers in Europe would have a field day against our centre backs at the moment with how we are defending.

Other thing is Pep gets it wrong in the big games, our last 3 exits from the champions league and the fact he’s only managed one point in 4 visits to Anfield in the league. How does he over come this? Not too sure, Chelsea winning the champions league in 2012 with a team you would struggle to name half of they were that bad that year is the hope that with a bit of luck maybe things can fall into place. However that’s before we get on the officials who like to fuck us over at every available opportunity.

There is little doubt that eufa & the old cartel members will not let us anywhere near winning their cup. The really, really sad thing is that they do not care that we & everyone else also know this is the case.

No.

Not for me. Competing in the champions league is futile for us. It's now become blatant the way Manchester City is refereed differently to other English and European teams. The powers that be will prevent any success we may aspire to.

Focus on our next premier league game and see where we are in February?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.