Will this challenge make Pep stay longer

Rebuild?

Ederson, Cancelo, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Bernardo, Sterling, Rodri, Jesus, Mahrez, KdB, Gundongan, Sane.

That´s 11 players Pep signed , and 2 Kev and Raheem that were bought on his say so. All under 30, in most cases under 25.

Yes we need a dominant CB, but spend a shed load I don´t think so.
I think he means in terms of losing Sane, Aguero, Silva, Fernandinho, Otamendi, probably Mendy in the next 6-18 months. I don’t think he means replacing an entire squad, but there’s around 6 top class players that need to be purchased, maybe 7 since Vinnie has not been replaced. Our competitive advantage is our squad depth. It’s what we have that our rivals don’t. So we need to replace quality with quality if we’re to maintain that.

Last edited:
Can see klopp winning league then going to Bayern
Pep will get whatever he wants to sort this team out so I think he will stay
We’re only a cb and lb from a great team and with Laporte and cancelo on top of that
I think he will go all out for the cups now

I think he means in terms of losing Sane, Aguero, Silva, Fernandinho, Otamendi, probably Mendy in the next 6-18 months. I don’t think he means replacing an entire squad, but there’s around 6 top class players that need to be purchased. Our competitive advantage is our squad depth. It’s what we have that our rivals don’t. So we need to replace quality with quality if we’re to maintain that.

Jesus was brought in to replace Kun. Bernardo for DS, Rodri for Dinho, we also have Foden and Mahrez.
Replacement for Sane and Otamendi I agree.

Would his association with the Catalan independence movement not scupper any chances of the spain job?
100%

The fact Vox got 60 odd seats in Parliament yesterday made the situation even more complicated re Catalunya.

Can see klopp winning league then going to Bayern
Pep will get whatever he wants to sort this team out so I think he will stay
We’re only a cb and lb from a great team and with Laporte and cancelo on top of that
I think he will go all out for the cups now

Interesting thought. But Klopp looks a happy man in scouseland and he won´t leave after just one league title.

Jesus was brought in to replace Kun. Bernardo for DS, Rodri for Dinho, we also have Foden and Mahrez.
Replacement for Sane and Otamendi I agree.
So who replaces Jesus, who replaces Bernardo, who replaces Rodri, who replaces Foden and Mahrez? If you are promoting players into more senior roles, we still need the depth behind them to rotate. We still need 7 players either way.

Hope Pep stays as long as possible. The bosses at the club love him, most fans love him, he has a great squad of players, albeit temporarily hampered by injuries.

If Pep were to go in the summer, who realistically would you expect to take over? Not who you want, but who you think they’d hire?

I personally think it’s set in stone Arteta will get the gig on the recommendation of Pep. It makes sense, he’s learned his trade under Pep, gives the club a bit of good PR for a change giving a young manager his first job, pleases the fans I think too, going on a journey which could go either way & I imagine it’ll keep all the players happy as they like him?

Obviously I hope it doesn’t happen for another few years but I don’t think I’ll be as gutted as what I thought I would of been over Pep leaving if Arteta gets the gig.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.