Var debate 2019/20

I explained above why the line has to be proportionately skewed.
We know how perspective works. Stop calling it proportionately skewed.
The only proportionate skewing that is done is in the even application of;
a) The rules of the game i.e interpretation.
b) the tools that are supposed to be used evenhandedly.

That is not happening week in week out.
It either suits you not to see this or it is of benefit and you choose to ignore it.

City aren't particularly playing well and are unbelievably injury prone also.
Liverpool have upped their consistency this season, there is no doubt.
But if you can't acknowledge what seems extremely blatant and obvious to most, then putting up a Sky screen shot to support your argument is never going to go down well in here.

I’m not into social media but we should keep pushing with this request to see the official VAR offside image for the Salah goal.
I fired off a Tweet last night to BBC Sport/MOTD/Sky Sports News/Sky Sports and a couple of others highlighting the evidence pointing towards the fact that VAR 'may' not have been in operation for that match, and that us punters were being lied to if that was the case.

Not a single reply. Their PR departments must have got the memo.

What's all this about VAR not even being in use yesterday for the first half at least due to a technical error? Yet apparently the likes of Sky and even the clubs themselves were asked to keep schtum about it. Could be a wild conspiracy theory of course but it would go a long way to explaining why there didn't appear to be any official VAR checks in the first half

I fired off a Tweet last night to BBC Sport/MOTD/Sky Sports News/Sky Sports and a couple of others highlighting the evidence pointing towards the fact that VAR 'may' not have been in operation for that match, and that us punters were being lied to if that was the case.

Not a single reply. Their PR departments must have got the memo.

Mate, Twitter accounts are monitored by kids. It's good to vent but nobody in power reads anything on there.

Same if you email the bent fuckers. Just a template answer.

His take on it was trent couldn't get his arm out of the way
Where in the handball rules is that mentioned ?

It isn't. The IFAB rules are clear.
Bernie's wasn't an offence because:
a) it wasn't deliberate
b) didn't gain possession/control
c) didn't create a goal scoring opportunity
d) didn't score

Trent's was an offence because:
a) hand/arm has made the body unnaturally bigger
b) Bernie wasn't 'close' to Trent

There's a lovely little IFAB rules app on the Play store now - maybe the Ref's and VAR cnuts should download it !

I explained above why the line has to be proportionately skewed.
Given the wide angle shot, you can see the advertising hoardings on the far side are curved. The vertex of the curve gives an indication of the focal length used (in this case short), and the position of the camera in relation to the image.

Given that the vertex is slightly off centre, the geometry of those lines is pretty much the opposite of what I would expect. That picture is not kosher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.