John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when we bought him and I thought he shown balls trying to play it around when Bravo was shite and Kompany wasn’t sure about it all. But he hasn’t got any better l, never mind become the sort of player who could potentially captain England

Also, he should be a threat at the other end but always seems a day late and a dollar short.

I can’t see him being here in 12 months. I can see him at some soft mid table side like West Ham or playing for Burnley if he doesn’t fancy moving house
I take the point but there isn’t a team in Spain who could pay what City want and also match his wages. Well, Real Madrid and Barca could but I’m pretty confident they wouldn’t want him
Not sure about that and I think we might let him go at a reasonable price. Spuds or Arsenal might be other possible domestic destinations.
Shame really cause I kind of like the guy and he did appear to have a lot of potential but regardless of his injury problems looks incapable of filling in for Vinny or Laporte. at a time when there is no one else really.

Long story short, he's not someone you can lean on when the going gets tough.

Its almost a perfect scenario for him, a defender who cant defend, playing in a side that is so good, it does very little defending. He looks a player in 5-0 wins, when playing centre back is the easiest job in the world. If he was to go anywhere else, where he had to actually do some defending, he would be really shown up. He is one of the luckiest footballers in the Prem.

Someone like Leicester is probably his level (and yes I’m aware they’re currently above us, but I think we’ll finish comfortably above them).

I’m starting to worry a bit that it won’t happen for Stones. He started the previous two seasons superbly but then fell away. He’s just not developing into the experienced CB he now should be. He’s still a no.2 who needs to play alongside a better CB in order to play well.

I’m starting to worry a bit that it won’t happen for Stones. He started the previous two seasons superbly but then fell away. He’s just not developing into the experienced CB he now should be. He’s still a no.2 who needs to play alongside a better CB in order to play well.

Its not a great situation to be in, where we pin our hopes on our CDM being our best CB. Its one thing Fern going back there and doing a job alongside Vinny or Laporte, its a different thing entirely when we are asking him to be our best CB and basically coach/carry Stones through games. If Stones doesn't have the ability and the personality/balls to be the senior partner alongside Fern, it most certainly wont be happening for him and he needs binning off.

I won't write him off yet as he's shown way too much quality earlier to be written off at the age of 25. I am however starting to doubt him for the first time. He looks scared and doesn't seem to have any confidence whatsoever. His 2019 has been a disaster and he needs to show some glimpses of form soon or he'll be fourth choice (can't imagine us selling him as we're in need of HG players and centre backs). When he's confident and in form he's a cracking defender and top 3 in the PL with van Dijk and Laporte for me.

I won't write him off yet as he's shown way too much quality earlier to be written off at the age of 25. I am however starting to doubt him for the first time. He looks scared and doesn't seem to have any confidence whatsoever. His 2019 has been a disaster and he needs to show some glimpses of form soon or he'll be fourth choice (can't imagine us selling him as we're in need of HG players and centre backs). When he's confident and in form he's a cracking defender and top 3 in the PL with van Dijk and Laporte for me.

Come on!

I admit he hasn't showed it that much but his form before his injury against Leicester 17/18 and his first half of the season last year were both phenomenal. He had everything that a world class centre back should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.