Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardiola keeps picking him time after time at number 8 which is something I never understand. At 6 his performances are acceptable but he is dire as 8.

Last edited:
Here are some of players who weren't better yesterday

Bravo, Walker, John, Fernandihno, Debryune and Aguero.

We had 3 average performers Sterling, Bernado and Angelino. One below average in Rodri.

Everyone else was dirt poor. But I noticed only 2 threads getting the vitriol.... Hmmmm!

We had 3 average performers Sterling, Bernado and Angelino. One below average in Rodri.

Everyone else was dirt poor. But I noticed only 2 threads getting the vitriol.... Hmmmm!
Like night follows day on here. I wonder who the next two will be when the current incumbents have moved on

Usually defend Gundogan to the hilt , but that clearance was pathetic , i have never considered Gundogan a starter in the team when all the squad is available but he is a decent player to bring on to close a game down , he has played a lot of games recently and we still have enough midfield players to leave him on the bench again , Foden would have ran the Dippers ragged given a chance and its about time Pep started realising although Gundogan is an excellent player , we have got better midfield players.

It gets worse with every replay I watch of it. One play that sums up Gundogan in a nutshell and cost us massively.
I shouted at the telly as soon as he 'cleared' it. What a stupid 'clearance' it was. Straight back out, no power, almost into the middle. Bloody ridiculous. Why didn't he kick it to the side of the pitch or better still lump it to almost out of the ground? I hope Pep let's them have a look at the things we did wrong in this match, because we know about the VAR misgivings, but that aside, we had more than enough chances to have been level or in the lead in this match. So bloody annoying...

I shouted at the telly as soon as he 'cleared' it. What a stupid 'clearance' it was. Straight back out, no power, almost into the middle. Bloody ridiculous. Why didn't he kick it to the side of the pitch or better still lump it to almost out of the ground? I hope Pep let's them have a look at the things we did wrong in this match, because we know about the VAR misgivings, but that aside, we had more than enough chances to have been level or in the lead in this match. So bloody annoying...

I actually thought the way he let Jordan bloody Henderson ghost past him for the 3rd was even worse.

You know what might help your case a little? Your defiant defence of Gundogan not being based on another City player being worse than him. Every week it is the same..... “but X player was worse”. It’s not much of a defence, it just means that yeah, we had another player that played poorly. Every player has bad games, even Sergio or KDB but they have had many more spectacularly good games over the years. Gundogans problem is that he’s had more poor games than good.

I slated Gundogan for two years because he was bloody terrible. Then in the last 4 months of last season he was excellent and he deservedly got the plaudits and himself a new contract. How did he celebrate this? He came back overweight and has slid back into his old ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.