Var debate 2019/20

Regarding the offside decisions with VAR, i can't understand why they don't make it much simpler by changing the rule so there must be clear daylight between a forward and a defender for offside to be brought into effect, in this case it would make for more goals in games and more entertainment it would also be much easier to prove with VAR,

As an example, yesterday's decision would have removed any doubt about Salah's goal it would have been allowed no questions asked, by the same score Aguero woouldn't have been offside for Sterlings goal against Spurs in the CL last season.

Regarding the offside decisions with VAR, i can't understand why they don't make it much simpler by changing the rule so there must be clear daylight between a forward and a defender for offside to be brought into effect, in this case it would make for more goals in games and more entertainment it would also be much easier to prove with VAR,

As an example, yesterday's decision would have removed any doubt about Salah's goal it would have been allowed no questions asked, by the same score Aguero woouldn't have been offside for Sterlings goal against Spurs in the CL last season.

That’s so much harder to implement than it sounds. How much room is daylight?

Absolute fucking joke

It is.

Some critics of VAR want refs to use the pitch-side monitors more, or get the refs miked up with more communication but that would irritate me even more.

You can't celebrate a goal and then 3 mins later write it off.

I know we've been done loads of times, and other club too, but one thing that has encouraged me is that pundits and ex-players on the BBC have absolutely hammered it. I feel City should, with maybe other clubs, come out and say that we would like it to be suspended given a whole series of incidents and catalogue them.

Most of football would be with us if we did this. I don't believe Pep when he says he supports VAR. He can't possibly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.