Var debate 2019/20

That’s so much harder to implement than it sounds. How much room is daylight?
Margin for error and giving the advantage to the attacker is the way forward, so easy to just give a 6 or 12 inch buffer when doing the lines.

The only other option is to get rid of this “any part of the body you can score with” shite and just use the feet of defenders and attackers.

The problem with VAR is that the technology used has now made the decision process very subjective. For example the camera speed and which frame is being used can make the difference to the outcome of a decision. It also isn't helping that the rules about how VAR is being applied appear to be getting altered every other week.

I see today that the authorities are now saying how important it is to reduce the time taken to make a decision, maybe this is down to the time taken over the decision between Sheffield Utd and Spurs or maybe it is to justify how quickly the decisions were made against us in the Dipper game yesterday, who knows?

More liberally? try at all
Not a single ref has gone over to the VAR screen to review a decision. Not one.

So why have it? All it takes is the VAR room to say "look we think you may of got that decision wrong take another look"

But they won't because in the VAR room it's other refs who are scared of telling their colleagues they are wrong

The guy in charge of Var says he is happy how it’s done and gives it a 7 out of 10 so far. Delusional and should be sacked if he think it’s working that well

It is.

Some critics of VAR want refs to use the pitch-side monitors more, or get the refs miked up with more communication but that would irritate me even more.

You can't celebrate a goal and then 3 mins later write it off.

I know we've been done loads of times, and other club too, but one thing that has encouraged me is that pundits and ex-players on the BBC have absolutely hammered it. I feel City should, with maybe other clubs, come out and say that we would like it to be suspended given a whole series of incidents and catalogue them.

Most of football would be with us if we did this. I don't believe Pep when he says he supports VAR. He can't possibly.
We need the managers to stop saying they think its ok & get together to get it fucked off before they’re playing in empty stadiums .

It is.

Some critics of VAR want refs to use the pitch-side monitors more, or get the refs miked up with more communication but that would irritate me even more.

You can't celebrate a goal and then 3 mins later write it off.

I know we've been done loads of times, and other club too, but one thing that has encouraged me is that pundits and ex-players on the BBC have absolutely hammered it. I feel City should, with maybe other clubs, come out and say that we would like it to be suspended given a whole series of incidents and catalogue them.

Most of football would be with us if we did this. I don't believe Pep when he says he supports VAR. He can't possibly.
Liverpool and spurs absolutely love it.

Pitch side Monitor for the supposed man in charge to check the decision, not somebody 200 miles away who can hide and doesn’t need to answer any questions. It’s bullshit!!

Not a single ref has gone over to the VAR screen to review a decision. Not one.

So why have it? All it takes is the VAR room to say "look we think you may of got that decision wrong take another look"

But they won't because in the VAR room it's other refs who are scared of telling their colleagues they are wrong
It’s working perfectly for “them” at the moment, just because it means results can be manipulated from the comfort of Stockley with no recourse whatsoever.

If it went to the pitchside monitor it would make perfect sense, the guy at Stockley simply says, “Hmmmm, you may want to take another look at this one, imo your first decision may be wrong” - how hard is that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.