Let's talk about corners

You can hardly blame those lads if players taking the set pieces don't get the ball off the ground. There seems to be some deliberate movement from players in the box but the ball has to get there. The amount of corners and crosses that don't beat the first man is ridiculous.
P45's needed I think. Shocking at both ends. I know we are a team of midgets but the deliveries are generally poor with outswingers and not beating the 1st man.

corners are massively overrated; the crowd roars and the atmosphere intensifies but all that has happened is that you've gone from (usually) being in a position to get a pass in or a shot off to a statistically poor situation to convert to a goal.

we might have world class players but you are invariably up against 6 foot + groks who's job it is is to head away crosses, day in day out, against all comers, nevermind players of smaller stature, plus all the myriad runs going on. Then you throw in a 6 foot + guy who is allowed to use his hands....

the more corners we take short or pass back out to midfield the better, in my eyes. Not very exciting for the crowd, but surely way better to recycle it than simply toss it in

P45's needed I think. Shocking at both ends. I know we are a team of midgets but the deliveries are generally poor with outswingers and not beating the 1st man.

3 of our last 8 goals have come from set pieces. Stones and Aguero both missed free headers from set pieces last time out too.

Another 14 corners yesterday and not one clear cut chance created from one of them. Yet each time Liverpool had a corner yesterday I feared the worlds greatest ever defended VVD would pop up and score. Do you think we even practise them??!!!

Another 14 corners yesterday and not one clear cut chance created from one of them. Yet each time Liverpool had a corner yesterday I feared the worlds greatest ever defended VVD would pop up and score. Do you think we even practise them??!!!

We have a team of midgets and Stones isn't a goal threat like VVD.

We created 3 half decent chances yesterday from set pieces but as per fucking usual there was no one on the end of them. The Stones header was pathetic.

Corners ha ha ha, where do you want me to start. We have absolutely no plan with these, it doesn't matter who takes them they are all fucking shit, Liverpool were actually giving them us for fun yesterday because they knew fuck all was coming from them. Is it just us that are shit at taking them, or do other prem clubs follow suit?

Next time we get one we should keep 9 players in our half and kick the ball straight out of play or maybe back to the keeper. It would save time and stop us being counter-attacked.

Me and my daughter used to have a standing joke about our corners. Everytime we had one we would say 'Joe's Ball'. That's because for a period of time everytime we took a corner within seconds it was back in Joe Harts hands either by a back pass or a save from a breakaway. We havent improved since tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.