Var debate 2019/20

I have read a few fans forums, obviously avoided the scouse loving ones. Surprisingly even Spurs fans think Var is shit. Gooners however were up there with the redshite rubbing their hands with glee that we got f***ed over.

I am certain that Var was not used yesterday at Anfield, hence ref Oliver had no consultation to be able to use, hence decision had to stand as otherwise he would just be changing his own mind which would have made him look stupid should it come out that Var was not in place for the game.

Out of curiosity in the future same situation with the TAA handball happens again is it handball and a pen or for consistency does the ref allow play on. If you think in the future it should be a pen and it happens to be City v Liverpool and it is one of our players who handles in his own box and we score at the other end...then what??
By the letter of the law bernie handballed it so it should have been a freekick but that moment passed so it went onto their handball,he raised his arm,he made himself bigger so by the rules it was a pen,the moment passed and they scored ,by the rules it should have been disallowed and the game brought back for a freekick to them,as has been said by national broadcasters it would have taken a brave ref to do it,in short they ignored their own rues and oliver shat himself,var were never going to let him get lynched

There's no reason we can't have the same transparency with it as there is in rugby and cricket ie microphones and on the screens. The longer they go on not giving us transparency the more fixed it's going to look.

I have more of an issue with it still being so inconsistent, and open to "interpretation"

We had a goal disallowed from Sterling this season where his hand - which he can't use to interfere with play - was judged to be offside. Yet a goal stood yesterday where a players foot appeared to be offside??

This is why i am saying it should be torso only, forget about feet, legs, arms or head and there should be clear daylight between the players when the ball is still in contact with the foot of the player making the pass,

It was a sky line as well not the official 2 squiggly lines for both the attacker and the defender,they could put this to bed by putting the var lines into the public

Not at this time they couldn't, i wouldn't trust any image they have had over 24 hours to work with in the editing studios.

How odd is that ? Clearly the right decision though - Oliver got it spot on.

no screen at klanfield or the swamp either .

I said this at the start of the season that this was very convinent, If VAR was being brought in then they should have insisted on it being implemented at all grounds.

By the letter of the law bernie handballed it so it should have been a freekick but that moment passed so it went onto their handball,he raised his arm,he made himself bigger so by the rules it was a pen,the moment passed and they scored ,by the rules it should have been disallowed and the game brought back for a freekick to them,as has been said by national broadcasters it would have taken a brave ref to do it,in short they ignored their own rues and oliver shat himself,var were never going to let him get lynched
Except in this case I don’t think there was any VaR for Oliver to consult, so he had already waved play on so why would he change his own decision and there was no video for him to check.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.