Var debate 2019/20

The rules under var have changed,ANY touch by an attacker is handball but for defender they have to have their arms in an unatural position,the rules have been put up and explained when the eric hanball was given,the prem are NOT using the rules set by the governing body,they are actively looking to disallow goals,they cited it is because of bolly's handball and a couple of others from last season,they have brought in different rules for either end of the pitch hence the confusion,it doesn't help they are constantly breaking their own rules by giving the same things different as per game,sorry

That's the first part of Law 12 for handball and only applies if the attacker scores or creates a goal scoring opportunity. Any other handball by an attacker falls into the section I quoted above. The refs and VAR are paid to know and apply the laws of the game.

Full law here: https://www.theifab.com/laws/chapter/32/section/92/

The second Salah goal wasn’t checked by VAR.

The Hawkeye operator takes a set amount of time to set up the review for the Video Assistant Referee to look at - its an absolute fact that this couldn’t have happened within the timeframe it did.

Forget the penalty - this is the scandal.

The goal wasn’t reviewed, the only question is why it wasn’t.

Not sure you really need to ask . PiGMOL arrogance / corruption / carrying out a PL directive - take your pick.

var is shite,whoever wanted this shite to come into football hasn't got a clue about football, i said it would ruin football before they started to use it and im not wrong, the refs are shithouses as well, if we carry on using var crowds will dwindle because the match going fan hasn't got a clue whats going on , and the most joyous thing about football is the goals well that's been fucked as well, VAR IS WANK

That isn't why Bernardo's wasn't a handball though. With attackers, they can still be penalised for accidental handball (which your scenario classes as) if it leads to the attacker either scoring or creating a goal scoring chance.

The reason Bernardo's wasn't given was because it didn't do that, the next action was TAA handling it. If TAA hadn't touched it and the ball had gone straight to Sterling and he'd scored, it would be pulled back and a free kick given for Bernardo's handball.

I hate the rule as it means someone can be penalised for something completely out of their control, but that's what it is.

If Trent hadn't handled it and Sterling scored then maybe but he did handle it so any other scenario is irrelevant.
Bernie's handball isn't classed as an offence, Trents is.

That's the first part of Law 12 for handball and only applies if the attacker scores or creates a goal scoring opportunity. Any other handball by an attacker falls into the section I quoted above. The refs and VAR are paid to know and apply the laws of the game.

Full law here: https://www.theifab.com/laws/chapter/32/section/92/
You are quoting the governing bodies rules,the prem are using their own rules

"You cannot use any referee communications like that because IFAB (football's lawmakers) protocols don't allow us to."

Swarbricks happy to state thats why he cannot do this, but him and riley are not using the monitors even though IFAB

guidelines instruct them to do so. They twist the situation as to whatever they want. They didnt want onfield subjective

penalty decisions overturned either so instructed VAR not to overrule. Even though they steadfastedly stated they were

not going to change this, hey presto, a couple of weeks ago, without telling us, they change the instructions to VAR to

say we need to overturn some decisions as it's obvious we have been caught out, so start overturning them. Riley said

pigmol version of VAR would have slightly wider silhouette for defensive handball & would be more lenient on defensive

handball when defender either jumping for a header with a raised hand or falling to ground when slide tackling. I think

It was impossible for TTA to have his arm wider or more horizontal to his body than his body shape when contact made.

In addition he moved his arms to that unnatural position from a more normal position directly before contact was made.

He was not falling to ground or using his arms to leap for a defensive header. In addition the ball travelled some distance.

Well they are certainly making up their own rules but no the Premier League follows IFAB. https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332
Ilkay Gündogan

@IlkayGuendogan

Today's VAR decision is really hard to take. Any attacker that commits handball, intentional or not, is now ruled a free kick?? And if you’re defending it’s fine?? It only disadvantages the attacking team.
In my opinion this rule needs to be changed. #MCITOT

They are using the rule laid down as guidelines,they are breaking the governing bodies rules most games..when it suits them

I can't get my head around VAR..

You have a multi billion pound industry that is based on results..

VAR has been introduced to manage and oversee fairness across the board and to ensure the correct decisions are reached regarding goals, penalties and offsides..

It was sold on the premise that it will be clinical and will remove any reasonable doubt on these calls..

The referee needs help and this will be the answer we were all told..

What a bag of shit!

It is open to massive interpretation. What happened yesterday was a disgrace.

We were fucked over by both the referee and Stockley Park.

Everyone watching yesterday, not just City fans would agree it was a penalty.

It has been said by many on here before, including me that what we are watching and what is actually happening is not one and the same..

PiGMOL hide behind 'it's teething problems'..

Well it's not f'kin good enough..!!

There is absolutely no excuse or reason for the big, game changing decisions to be called wrong... that they are means the game is bent and is being manipulated to favour certain teams.. we can all see what's going on but it's brushed aside and we're left to pick up the pieces..

You then have to listen to some **** on SKY justifying the call when a f"kin blind man would be embarrassed to spout the shit they come out with..

Do these people think we are stupid?

Trouble is, there's nothing we can do about it.. We have got to accept these decisions and get on with it..

The game is being ruined by the money men who want to keep certain global fanbases happy..

Money corrupts and there's an ocean full of money in the Premier League...

I'm f'kin pissed off with yesterday's game, level playing field it certainly is not..!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.