Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Sterling hasn't been sent home.
So he's just gonna be with the squad and they publicly say he simply won't play, so they want media attention on this I assume.

This is just dumber imo, I read your other post that it might be a power move from Southgate, which if it is, is not going to work imo. Sterling should bounce.

Sterling was sat down in the canteen when Gomez arrived and leant over from behind to shake his hand, leading to him to attempt to grab his team-mate by the neck. The rest of the England players initially thought Sterling was joking, but it soon became clear that he had lost control and the pair were separated.

Bits coming out all the time.
If you're leaning over somebody from behind to shake their hand, I'd hazard a guess he whispered something in his ear while doing so.

If these supposed rumours of what happened are true (a big if as it seems very uncharacteristic of sterling) and he’s just walked up to him unprovoked and grabbed his neck you can’t really have any complaints with the punishment and if anything sterling has got off lightly. We all hate scousers but you can’t do that.

however, If the matter was deemed closed by all involved as also suggested by the same rumours then why let the story out to the public? all its going to do is cause a media storm around it, every question to Southgate, Gomez, sterling and likely any player put forward for interview this next week is going to be centred around sniffing for details and reactions to this.

And if they deemed it bad enough to punish him and release details knowing full well it’s hanging him out to dry then why the hell haven’t they sent him home too? You can’t say “oh you’ve done this bad thing so we’re going to punish you by dropping you, tell the press about it but we still need you to stay here because we might need you next week if we fuck up without you”

The rights and wrongs of the incident itself are up for debate whilst we don’t know the actual story but what isn’t debatable is it’s an absolutely colossal fuck up by the PR/media team.

also not sure why southgates getting so much blame, I very much doubt he’s the one that’s decided to let this out to the public.

Southgate’s treatment of Kyle Walker and Phil Foden has been poor. It doesn’t look like he’s done Raheem Sterling any favours either, unless Joe Gomez has been rushed to A&E.

Should have punched him and that **** Trent as well. Scouse ****s
The problem is you really feel that sterlings going to be made a scapegoat again.
Edit;I really don’t believe sterling would try to strangle Gomez if all he was doing was offering his hand. There’s more to this than meets the eye but you can guarantee sterling will be made to look worse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.