Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

You can insult all you want but that doesnt change the facts.

We don’t know the full facts other than a Liverpool / England defender tried to exploit Sunday’s feeble referee by pushing Raheem into the advertising hoardings. Also, Raz has admitted to being involved in a 5-10 second incident that would have been managed in house by a better manager.

Last edited:
Proves what a thick bastard Southgate is here,what they gonna do for rest of camp,I'd have gone home if I was Sterling and left them to it,it's going to be a bit awkward whilst the squad still together,should have been kept in house this lot,but no as usual it's the City player that gets the unwanted attention.

A bit part club player gets to stay...….yea OK Southgate you useless bastard

why wasn't this kept in house ? why is this out in the public ? as far as im aware there is no video and nobody had to know,if i was Raheem id fuck the 2nd game off as well.
Exactly. Good managers keep this between the players. I can only assume that there was some media presence, or Southgate is so clueless that he doesn't understand the concept of protecting his players. If he's done something wrong, it's fine to drop him (no player should be above the rest) but just tell the media he's got a slight injury and it doesn't make sense to risk it.

I remember the Amazon documentary with Pep saying to the players that he'll always defend them in the press conference but will bollock them privately. That's what good managers do.

I think you’re reading too much into that one, Marv. It was near the end and Robertson probably realised that the game was now won, with a two goal coushion, after a late rally by City. He looked more relived than anything else.

Apparently there was a moment when Robertson pushed Walker into the advertising boards and then proceeded to laugh at Walker when confronted. Not sure what the source of that was but I read it yesterday in some shitty paper.

I think that's a bit out of order that making it public. You can just quietly say to the player you're not starting without issuing a public statement.

spot on, if this has happened in a private area, as reported, why has Southgate made a public statement about it?

I think you’re reading too much into that one, Marv. It was near the end and Robertson probably realised that the game was now won, with a two goal coushion, after a late rally by City. He looked more relived than anything else.
You only see the aftermath. Walker and Robertson had clashed. And I remember getting annoyed with it, and thinking that the Liverpool player was mocking Walker so I looked for in on the Internet, and someone has thought the same and uploaded the end of it.

It was the 88th minute. Walker had chased down a long ball and it ends up with Robertson pushing Walker into the crowd, Walker objects, they walk off, and Robertson ends up laughing. Thought at the time he was laughing in his face.

Last edited:
It is interesting they haven’t sent him home - because they might lose the first match and need their best player for the second one. Oh, to be such a strict disciplinarian as faceless gareth.

I am English and I support England but now I hope they lose the first match and need something from the second and then Raheem tells mister waistcoat that he, Raheem Sterling, England’s best footballer, is retiring from international football until a new manager is appointed.

You only see the aftermath. Walker and Robertson had clashed. And I remember getting annoyed with it, and thinking that the Liverpool player was mocking Walker so I looked for in on the Internet, and someone has thought the same and uploaded the end of it.

This looks like nothing, because it doesn't show their clash moments before
The scousers knew they had the full protection of Oliver, hence their attempts to goad us into responding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.