Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Puzzled that Sterling & not Gomez has been sent home. Why not both ? Why couldn't Southgate get them both to resolve it & move on ? Smacks of poor management & possibly something deeper that hasn't been made public. Hope this sort of thing doesn't impact his performances for City (a-la Bernado recently).

Depends on the long-term outcome, if it turns out to be detrimental and England’s results are affected then Southgate should pay the price for this decision - if we go on to win games , Raheem comes back and all is forgotten then it’s a good move and no harm done.

Apparently there was a moment when Robertson pushed Walker into the advertising boards and then proceeded to laugh at Walker when confronted. Not sure what the source of that was but I read it yesterday in some shitty paper.

The source is it was all over the Sky TV pictures. Robertson is a smarmy dickhead and was laughing because they know they can act with impunity.

There was clearly wrongdoing on both sides. I can’t imagine for one moment that Sterling instigated this. The correct way to punish would have been to drop both players.

You only see the aftermath. Walker and Robertson had clashed. And I remember getting annoyed with it, and thinking that the Liverpool player was mocking Walker so I looked for in on the Internet, and someone has thought the same and uploaded the end of it.

This looks like nothing, because it doesn't show their clash moments before
You only posted the aftermath. I remember it at the time and felt the same. Didn’t think he was mocking Walker. That’s my take.

Puzzled that Sterling & not Gomez has been sent home. Why not both ? Why couldn't Southgate get them both to resolve it & move on ? Smacks of poor management & possibly something deeper that hasn't been made public. Hope this sort of thing doesn't impact his performances for City (a-la Bernado recently).
I didn’t think he had been sent home. I read he is still with the squad and just not being selected for Thursday’s game.

Spot on aa123

After 17 years on City forums i think this is the most ignorant thread I've ever read, and that takes some doing. Im a seasoncard holder and match goer since 1977 and reading this rubbish makes me embarrassed to be a football fan and City fan.
Sterling has reacted badly to Sunday and apologised yet most on here want to hurl abuse at at Liverpool football club, people from Liverpool, Gareth Southgate and the FA - the mind boggles.
You don't have to be thick to be a fan.

17 years and just 59 posts.

See you in another 17 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.