Var debate 2019/20

I am less than sure too, but it doesn’t undermine the point I was advancing; quite the opposite, in fact.
I agree I just think there is no chance of them implementing anything which reduces the opportunity for slanting the playing field. They are terrified of the PL turning into the Bundesliege and us winning it every year.

If the objective is fair and unbiased decisions. Do you think that is the objective? I am far from sure that it is.

The way VAR has been implemented, in stark contrast to the situation in cricket, tennis etc, leads me to believe that it is actually a sham. Paying lip service to those wanting fairness, but with the covert agenda of being able to slant the playing field as they desire.
It cannot be objective, in its current form. Everyone knows that, had Taylor awarded the penalty on Sunday, it would not have been overturned and that cannot be right. If it is, then leave VAR out of it altogether, as it is pointless.
I do also wonder whether the VAR might have awarded the penalty had the ball been cleared for a throw in? Not only awarding the penalty but disallowing the Dipper goal was probably a step too far. It was such a big decision that it seemed like the only logical outcome was for the on field ref to look at the monitor. Had he done that and the end result stayed the same, then I can live with that.
As for offsides, just do away with the drawn lines. If he can see it’s offside, give it and if he can’t, don’t.

Do you think it would be a good thing for the English game if we did?

It was never going to happen. We could never have enjoyed the financial monopoly that United did in the 90s. The suggestion that it was ever going to happen was a media created scare-story to represent us as football's bogey-man and very successful it was too.

It cannot be objective, in its current form. Everyone knows that, had Taylor awarded the penalty on Sunday, it would not have been overturned and that cannot be right. If it is, then leave VAR out of it altogether, as it is pointless.
I do also wonder whether the VAR might have awarded the penalty had the ball been cleared for a throw in? Not only awarding the penalty but disallowing the Dipper goal was probably a step too far. It was such a big decision that it seemed like the only logical outcome was for the on field ref to look at the monitor. Had he done that and the end result stayed the same, then I can live with that.
As for offsides, just do away with the drawn lines. If he can see it’s offside, give it and if he can’t, don’t.
I'm with Gordon re offsides. Change the laws a little and just track players electronically. If your tracker is nearer the goal than the last defender when the ball is kicked, you are off, end of. Get rid of the interfering or not, active or not etc. Who cares if a bootlace is further forward than someone else's bootlace. As a defender you're looking at where the attackers are not where their legs are.

Keep it nice and simple, objective (electronic), instant and automatic. Sorted.

All offside controversies could be eliminated at a stroke and they could do it now if they wished.

It was never going to happen. We could never have enjoyed the financial monopoly that United did in the 90s. The suggestion that it was ever going to happen was a media created scare-story to represent us as football's bogey-man and very successful it was too.
I think the current PL model does a decent job of militating against such a monopoly, which is why I thought our recent support of a move away from that was regrettable and unfortunate. I would have no problem with further moves to redistribute wealth with the league (and the game more widely).

It certainly shouldn’t be manipulated that way on the pitch, however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.