Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also like how Dax tries to casually get away with throwing Dinho in there, as if the tripe Gundogan put out was actually better.

You know what might help your case a little? Your defiant defence of Gundogan not being based on another City player being worse than him. Every week it is the same..... “but X player was worse”. It’s not much of a defence, it just means that yeah, we had another player that played poorly. Every player has bad games, even Sergio or KDB but they have had many more spectacularly good games over the years. Gundogans problem is that he’s had more poor games than good.

I slated Gundogan for two years because he was bloody terrible. Then in the last 4 months of last season he was excellent and he deservedly got the plaudits and himself a new contract. How did he celebrate this? He came back overweight and has slid back into his old ways.
That's the thing though, he was nominated for player of the month, last month and yet I was here defending his play. That's should tell you all you need to know.

And for the record, I'm not defending his performance. He was terrible. I'm just noting the bias in coverage.

I also like how Dax tries to casually get away with throwing Dinho in there, as if the tripe Gundogan put out was actually better.
It's not casual, he has a similar shit clearance to Gundogan. Only difference, they didn't belt one in.

On every goal, on every breakaway, he was often out of position lost between 2 players. It's just not popular to critically analyze the favorites. Some players are deemed good just for being on the field.

While some are bad regardless of performance.

The thing is, folk get upset at Gundogan because he is involved in catastrophic incidents. 1) their first where he passes the ball to Fabinho who scores 2) even worse he gives up on marking Henderson, leaving him to Angelino who by that time is nowhere near. Allows Henderson to cross and Mane to score. 3) caught dawdling on the ball at Atlanta and gets Bravo sent off 4) tracks the Atlanta scorer for the first third of his run from the half way line and then just lets him go. A run from deep has to be tracked.

And thats just the last two games. Sure he does good stuff he is a quality player. Too often though he is culpable when we ship a goal and sometimes he gives the impression that its laziness. Thats why fans get on his back quite rightly imo.

I watched the game back last night and this guy is an absolute coward. He shits out of every 50/50 and when he has the ball he plays safe instead of trying to drive us forward.

His clearance for the first goal, and his lack of tracking on the third is embarrassing. I've defended this guy loads but he's basically a Nasri 2.0

When the going gets tough, he fucks off.

He's done nothing at Villa yet

A matter of opinion. He has qualities City are lacking at present and will only improve.
Gundogan flatters to deceive, passive and slowing down play. A good player but lacks the energy, drive and inciseveness required at City.

A matter of opinion. He has qualities City are lacking at present and will only improve.
Gundogan flatters to deceive, passive and slowing down play. A good player but lacks the energy, drive and inciseveness required at City.

Exactly what Villa fans accuse Luiz of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.