Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Can't we just pull him with a fake injury story, like Liverpool have done with Robertson, or did he actually get repetitive strain disorder from constantly pushing our players in the back!
TAA will be out with an RSI wrist injury

Or he was, it might be possible you know.

That could well be true - but we may never know. The issue now is that we are the negative bad boys (once again) and this is just fanning the flames for the hostility to ramp up a notch.

And that's the problem here. It isn't a rivalry being generated (as much as the premier league want to sell it like that)

That could well be true - but we may never know. The issue now is that we are the negative bad boys (once again) and this is just fanning the flames for the hostility to ramp up a notch.

And that's the problem here. It isn't a rivalry being generated (as much as the premier league want to sell it like that)

All the second hand evidence we have so far is that Raheem was at fault(I quite like his anger tbh) to suggest otherwise is folly. I believe the aftermath has been handled terribly by Southgate/The FA. The fact players had to tell Southgate that he shouldn’t be sent home speaks well of the players and makes Southgate a bit of a tit.

Best player on the pitch on Sunday, booed for 90 minutes by the feral scouse faithful and afforded no protection from the referee. Gomez introduced on 87 minutes to double up on Sterling who was our main threat. Gomez duly obliges the fans and gives it the hard man which results in some handbags. Less than 24 hours later Sterling seeks revenge in what the press gleefully report as an unprovoked attack! This the same guy who was been harangued and vilified by the media for 5 years because he dare leave the cult that is Liverpool FC, launching an unprovoked attack in the banter filled world that is football. Not a chance Gomez will have said something and without 53k fans in his corner shit himself when Sterling reacted.
Enter the fray Gareth Southgate - a man who missed a penalty in the semi final shoot out against Germany in 96 and without a shred on remorse profited on his notoriety by making a Pizza Hut advert with a bag on his head. 20 years later he’s appointed England manager based on the single fact that he will tow the FA’s party line at all times.
Despite Sterling undoubted contribution to keep this sack of shit in his job he hangs him him out to dry in front of the Worlds press by sending Sterling to the naughty step to complete the humiliation of a player to the delight of the Klanfield faithful and their undoubted friends.
Is this man management? No it’s a fait accompli and I dearly hope it bites Southgate on his arse
Gomez is undoubtably a gobshite prick but the real villain in this is Southgate, he is well paid to supposedly know better

A great pity the bag was removed.

Southgate is well-paid but clearly doesn't know better. I suspect he has flicked through the FA England Managers' Handbook and found the page on 'Disciplining players within the England Squad' and a section dealing with City players where, amongst the notes on what to do with players not using the correct cutlery at dinner, he finds he can send home any player who shops at Poundland, buys his Mum a big fancy house, and, worst of all, asks for a transfer from the England Academy, once known as MUFC but now, following a name change, H&WFC!

All the second hand evidence we have so far is that Raheem was at fault(I quite like his anger tbh) to suggest otherwise is folly. I believe the aftermath has been handled terribly by Southgate/The FA. The fact players had to tell Southgate that he shouldn’t be sent home speaks well of the players and makes Southgate a bit of a tit.
Yeah, that's a bit of humiliating climbdown from Southgate. Suggests he's either not in full control if the squad are dictating to him, or that he is accepting that his original decision was wrong. Either way, it doesn't reflect great on him.

Yeah, that's a bit of humiliating climbdown from Southgate. Suggests he's either not in full control if the squad are dictating to him, or that he is accepting that his original decision was wrong. Either way, it doesn't reflect great on him.

I don’t think he handled the Madison one very well either. I think because the squad is young you shouldn’t be looking to publicly call them out for a first offence(not sure the Maddison one was even an offence)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.