VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

I think if you replaced Raheem with salah then the opinion would be turned almost perfectly on its head. We have had some shit decisions and Var is broken but this doesn’t mean all decisions are shite. I’m pretty sure most on here if it was salah would say he felt a touch and went down too easily.

It all depends on what you class as a foul and who you are supporting when it happens.

No attempt to play the ball, forearm into his back to shove him. I dunno mate that to me is as clear a foul as you'll see.

They could get rid of VAR tommorow but it's probably too late. The damage to City's title challenge has already been done and the bastards know it!

Push no penalty? Is that not a foul???
Of course it's a foul, Sterling shows a burst of speed gets away from Mane, and Mane pushes Sterling in the back.

Stupid by Mane and a clear penalty because it happened in the box.

Of course it's a foul, Sterling shows a burst of speed gets away from Mane, and Mane pushes Sterling in the back.

Stupid by Mane and a clear penalty because it happened in the box.

I thought so and didn't even believe it was debatable, seems I was mistaken on that bit.

No attempt to play the ball, forearm into his back to shove him. I dunno mate that to me is as clear a foul as you'll see.

Well this is just how as a supporter you see things, I think too many penalties are given with small contact. I always look at the situation around them and how natural the fall is. A dive is a voluntary action and loads of players go down when they feel a touch. It’s one of those things where the ref cannot win.

The annoying thing is next week it might be given. We have 3 main problems in football for me, handballs,offsides and players going to ground. We saw all 3 at the weekend and I have yet to hear a good way of dealing with any of them.

I’m all ears if you have the answer though.

Well this is just how as a supporter you see things, I think too many penalties are given with small contact. I always look at the situation around them and how natural the fall is. A dive is a voluntary action and loads of players go down when they feel a touch. It’s one of those things where the ref cannot win.

The annoying thing is next week it might be given. We have 3 main problems in football for me, handballs,offsides and players going to ground. We saw all 3 at the weekend and I have yet to hear a good way of dealing with any of them.

I’m all ears if you have the answer though.

I've no answer, I often ignore the going to ground, I just look for foul or no foul, as in the case with a couple of penalties Mane has got, he dived but he was still fouled, the dive is irrelevant, the question is whether there was a foul and there was, so penalty.

I've no answer, I often ignore the going to ground, I just look for foul or no foul, as in the case with a couple of penalties Mane has got, he dived but he was still fouled, the dive is irrelevant, the question is whether there was a foul and there was, so penalty.

Then every touch becomes a penalty, wouldn’t want that myself.

The other question is, could he have stayed on his feet? Certain teams know they will be given a penalty so they go down.
Aguero stayed on his feet and we won the League in 11/12, do you think if he’d gone down we’d have got a penalty, call me cynical but I think not.

VAR is just another way to referee a game that they have found they can influence results far easier, the longer it stays as it is then the more proof that shows the game is bent in my mind.
Just goes to show, you should be careful what you wish for.

Nope, every foul becomes a penalty, as it should be.

See so we have a grey area over a touch and a foul. Big grey areas which is why VAR is failing. Even offside which should be straightforward is causing concern. You tell me the exact point a touch becomes a foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.