Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

i am liking this the world against us, it brings everyone connected to the club closer together, it will only make us stronger make the players and Pep push even harder to achieve our goals, our new song should be " everyone hates us we dont care " or something along them lines.

Fuckin ridiculous by Southgate. He is a bland unremarkable nothing manager. Completely uninspiring

Shit like this happens all the time in training and amongst teamates at clubs.

You pull them apart, sit them down, give them a kick up the arse tell them to shake hands and get on with it. why is that so hard to do ? !

A friggin press conference and calling it out in public is ridiculous and just adds pressure.

International football is w@nk. Gives me chance to do some jobs around the house - that's the only benefit. Would love Raheem or any City player to state they've retired from it.

Thought Southgate only picked players who were playing regularly so WTF is Gomez doing there anyway? Typical England, bit like the days when Neville P, Brown, Smith, Cleverly and f***in Keiran Richardson got picked cos they had a u*d contract (and they wonder why we often disappoint.....)

Contrary to other reports the senior players wanted him back..From the Times:

Southgate told Sterling he would have to leave the squad. The 24-year-old was in a car travelling home when he was contacted and told to return to St George’s Park.

The Times understands that after initially banishing Sterling, Southgate had a meeting with the senior players who make up the leadership team in the squad about the incident. It was suggested by one of them that if Gomez accepted an apology from Sterling then the Manchester City player could still remain as part of the squad.

Southgate took on board the feelings of the senior players, and then decided to call Sterling back, but that he would miss the Montenegro match — England’s 1,000th international.

I’ve got to say, as somebody who used to get on well with City fans - real ones - before you had top class players bestowed upon you, I think your attitudes have changed dramatically. For the worse. The way you carry yourselves is just bizarre. I mean, if some of the posters in this thread (and others) had a little bit of self awareness, you would read back through the contents and be utterly ashamed at how you act and talk about other people.

A club with working class roots, acting like Chelsea of the North, sagging off anything that moves, spitting piss and bile all the time. The inferiority complex is REAL. If only you could see how you looked from the outside looking in. Like a snotty kid who swears in class and punches the other kids.

Beautiful football team, world class manager, immaculately run football club, quality stadium, but you still can’t rise above and have a little bit of class. Banter and fun is one thing. Venomous hatred mixed with inferiority paints a horrible picture. If you, as fans, showed half the dignity as your team, you’d have all the best will in the world.

Of course, this will likely be deleted and I’ll likely be banned for being a rag/dipper/victim/whatever club you think I support, and that’s fine, but this place is toxic. You should be ashamed of it.

I totally agree that it should have been handled internally. It shows up Southgate’s lack of man-management. That said, if he gone in and grabbed him by the throat then anybody objective would clearly criticise Sterling for it. I’ll be honest, I don’t like the England national team and I don’t like the ‘enemy one week, support them the next’ stuff, but you can’t go around assaulting team mates, obviously. No matter how many of that team I’d like to give a good slapping to.

You post the shit above and then accuse us of being toxic.

You are more like a cancer, appearing at the worst times and unwelcome by all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.