Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Indeed, Sportsmail understands Liverpool played a key role in brokering peace between the team-mates.

Contrary to other reports the senior players wanted him back..From the Times:

Southgate told Sterling he would have to leave the squad. The 24-year-old was in a car travelling home when he was contacted and told to return to St George’s Park.

The Times understands that after initially banishing Sterling, Southgate had a meeting with the senior players who make up the leadership team in the squad about the incident. It was suggested by one of them that if Gomez accepted an apology from Sterling then the Manchester City player could still remain as part of the squad.

Southgate took on board the feelings of the senior players, and then decided to call Sterling back, but that he would miss the Montenegro match — England’s 1,000th international.

This is utterly pathetic and embarrassing "leadership". Raheem should've told them to get fucked and kept driving

I’m not sure it can be avoided fella unfortunately. Modern football managers and players plus social media.
Think both managers have a bit of class about them so dont see them as being a trigger, nor so much the players either (Gomez/Sterling much ado about nothing really). I think it is more supporters being blind to the merits of the other or choosing to see only the wrong whilst seeing none of their own. Really a lack of rational objectivity.

Fortunately my experience of City fans is somewhat better, though in truth I only know two. Maybe I’m old fashioned or is it simply sense but it would be a pity if this rivalry between two great teams orchestrated by two superbe and very different managers was to transcend to the supporters as bitterness.

The behaviour of your fans makes bitterness inevitable.

Twats

Fortunately my experience of City fans is somewhat better, though in truth I only know two. Maybe I’m old fashioned or is it simply sense but it would be a pity if this rivalry between two great teams orchestrated by two superbe and very different managers was to transcend to the supporters as bitterness.

In an ideal world that would be the case but I remember back in the seventies and battles royal at both grounds outside and in between the fans. I'm not going to take sides but there was some horrible stuff dished out by both, although the use of Stanley knives was a particularly nasty trick on the scousers part.

In our wilderness years we were little City, a joke of a club no threat to anyone on the field so the animosity waned and was turned to our neighbourhood rags.

Now we are both vying for the top prizes once more it has resurfaced and I'm sorry to say it is all coming one way. Bricking our coaches and attacking our fans on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough, impeccably respected by our club and fan base. Booing our keeper who was lying on the pitch receiving oxygen after getting a bootfull of studs to his head and face. Attacking our team coach before the European tie, I have watched the video, a pretty horrible experience if you were inside that with no police protection at all so it seemed. Now Sunday and an attack on a quiet club where City fan's go for a drink before every game I believe.

So my friend you may be better off posting your thoughts and concern's on a few Liverpool forum. We have a few moron's ourselves but nothing on the scale I see at your club. This may be due to our more aged fan base who have mellowed with time, myself included. One thing though. Us Mancunians are pretty easy going and slow to anger, but push us too far and we make for a pretty formidable foe.

I write this not from an anti Liverpool stance as one of my grandmother's was brought up in Scotland road and I worked for a number of Liverpool shipping companies where I was often the only non scouser onboard and made some good mates in the process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.