Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
People under-estimate the importance of pace, power, energy and drive as basics in the modern game.
Positioning, tactics and skill make the difference.

Eager to see the teams reaction. Wish there wasn't a break. You boys are on a good run and I'm glad its a challenging game so it should keep our players focused after the break. I think if we're on it like I hope then we win.

Considering we have played well but lost in quite a few big games this season, I see this one following a similar pattern.

I think, however, if you're sloppy in midfield and defence, we have the players to hurt you. I can't wait for it. It'll provide an interesting test to gauge how far we've come in recent weeks.

Last edited:
Considering we have played but lost in quite a few big games this season, I see this one following a similar pattern.

I think, however, if you're sloppy in midfield and defence, we have the players to hurt you. I can't wait for it. It'll provide an interesting test to gauge how far we've come in recent weeks.
If your mob are on it you win imho. We've not been at the races in a few games this season.

If your mob are on it you win imho. We've not been at the races in a few games this season.

We certainly have difference makers in the team, but we're not Liverpool who can score 3 goals on 3 half-chances.

Considering we have played well but lost in quite a few big games this season, I see this one following a similar pattern.

Lamps has been forced to blood the kids and he and the club are reaping the benefits of it and it is something i think we as a club should do, regardless of being able to spend in the transfer window or not.

If we win fuck all for a season then so be it but get Foden and Garcia in as a minimum right now and let them play in what is a fantastic side.

It will be a good game and a break from the relentless animosity that surrounds us playing those scouse ****s.

Also looking forwards to it.

Lamps has been forced to blood the kids and he and the club are reaping the benefits of it and it is something i think we as a club should do, regardless of being able to spend in the transfer window or not.

If we win fuck all for a season then so be it but get Foden and Garcia in as a minimum right now and let them play in what is a fantastic side.

It will be a good game and a break from the relentless animosity that surrounds us playing those scouse ****s.

Totally agree, I will go one more and say that Jesus needs to be our number one striker, let him get some consistency and confidence and we might just get to see his true ability (rather than a stop start approach which is not working with him).

and then put Foden in midfield and Garcia in defence

Totally agree, I will go one more and say that Jesus needs to be our number one striker, let him get some consistency and confidence and we might just get to see his true ability (rather than a stop start approach which is not working with him).

and then put Foden in midfield and Garcia in defence

Teams are cyclical mate and what this team has achieved the last few seasons is miraculous and we probably wont ever see it again but its time to move forwards.

We can see that the side isn't what it was last year so far and I've no issue with that at all, its normal but we know Merlin is off, we know Foden is getting the shirt so lets give it him now, with Merlin as back up and lets see how he performs week in, week out with no other pressure than we grab a top 4 spot as a minimum and we do what we can in all the cups. I've not written the league off but i just dont see the consistency needed in the side to push for it against a very Strong Liverpool side and when you look at the way we are officiated, its going to be too much to win the league again this season imo.

Same goes for rebuilding and big clubs sell big players at the right times and Sane will be the first big name to leave imo and we will move on.

I used to say I'd gladly take a season or two of not challenging for the title, if it meant we could bring a couple of our talented academy players through. People used to scoff at the notion of 'sacrificing success'. Now that it has been forced upon us, and people can see the impact he young players have made, my original position appears to be a much more popular 'take' in our fan base.

City are in a much, much better position to do this, as the rest of the team is already at such a high standards, you won't have rely so much on the young kids coming through, to the same extent we are.

Just get ready for some, I would imagine, quite nauseating Lampard's kids love in if we manage a draw, never mind win the game :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.