Var debate 2019/20

For offside I think they need to allow for margin of error and always be favor of the attacker. Just make the line the use thicker and unless there is an obvious offside leave the decision alone. This would rule out the toe nail offsides and where the shoulder begins on one player from another.

You will be happy with a pitch side monitor and a ref running over to check , in some cases could be every 15-20 mins ?

and if he gives a penalty which in your personal view looks a dive but the ref deems it as a foul, you would be ok with that ?

it's easy to say 'if they get the right decision, then fine' but how often do we see decisions given, even on a replay many many times and still not conclusive enough for the fan and pundits etc.
reads like you're argueing against var.

reads like you're argueing against var.

in terms of a pitch-side monitor , i don't really like the idea.

i like what they have now, but the implementation and decision correction point has to be a lot faster and better - it will take a long time in my view, im prepared to ride it out but i can understand why others dont want too.

either way, we know the old system is definitely flawed, with VAR in the long term, we have a chance to get decisions right.

in terms of a pitch-side monitor , i don't really like the idea.

i like what they have now, but the implementation and decision correction point has to be a lot faster and better - it will take a long time in my view, im prepared to ride it out but i can understand why others dont want too.

either way, we know the old system is definitely flawed, with VAR in the long term, we have a chance to get decisions right.
In the cl last week the monitor was used,it took less than a min,easily less,at the moment we have refs miles away making decisions with NO accountability and taking several mins to do it

Surely the offside line should use the same angle as the penalty box angle so if you get a straight edge i.e. ruler and line it up with the penalty box and move across to where the players are Salah is defo offside.

what do you think?

In the cl last week the monitor was used,it took less than a min,easily less,at the moment we have refs miles away making decisions with NO accountability and taking several mins to do it

we've also had a vast majority of VAR decisions decided in less than a minute and with the correct outcome.

but honestly, if fans would be cool with a ref running to the monitor and accept the outcome then i'll be all for it.

we've also had a vast majority of VAR decisions decided in less than a minute and with the correct outcome.

but honestly, if fans would be cool with a ref running to the monitor and accept the outcome then i'll be all for it.
Right or wrong decisions? they didn't var salads offside,there was no check on my tv or anywhere to be seen,the day before they spend 4 mins on another game,similar on raz's one at the start and countless other tight ones,the ref using a monitor would be under pressure to make the correct call,the men in the box can manipulate it however they want with no come back at all

Right or wrong decisions? they didn't var salads offside,there was no check on my tv or anywhere to be seen,the day before they spend 4 mins on another game,similar on raz's one at the start and countless other tight ones,the ref using a monitor would be under pressure to make the correct call,the men in the box can manipulate it however they want with no come back at all

and a ref seeing the Salah goal on a monitor would have given it or not ? how much time would it have taken if he's viewing loads of different angles ?

because opinion is divided even amongst fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.