Var debate 2019/20

You’re just being an arse, we’ve all quite clearly said it’d be nice to actually SEE this image of the check having been made that was done in 20 secs on Sunday....

Well no. The Salah check was exactly how VAR should done. Was onside & not by milemetres, check quickly & move one quickly, rather than waiting for Mike Riley to play with his protractor

You’re just being an arse, we’ve all quite clearly said it’d be nice to actually SEE this image of the check having been made that was done in 20 secs on Sunday....
I've got a picture in my mind of Sir Alec Guinness in Star Wars "These are not the VAR images you are looking for".

it's not been great but it has given more decisions right then the old flawed system.
Swarbrick has just given it 7/10, not sure if that 7 is the times he has used it to fuck us over so i suppose we will just have to wait for the next 3, the old system was flawed for a number of reasons, VAR should NEVER make a mistake, its use is clear and obvious mistakes, yet in that it has.
The worst of the old flaws are still there

peace frog VAR is ok, the problem lies with those numptys that are operating VAR back at Stockley Park. I guess I was right when I said that they will do all in their power that those who operate VAR will make sure that they will hand Liverpool their 1st Premier League title this season. Let's wait and see next season, maybe some other club will be the lucky ones.

Well no. The Salah check was exactly how VAR should done. Was onside & not by milemetres, check quickly & move one quickly, rather than waiting for Mike Riley to play with his protractor

yes would like Var decided in 20 secs but it took 4 mins for the offside decision the day before between Spurs and Sheffield United, that’s the injustice and inconsistency of Var and in big games we always cop for it whilst our close rivals benefit time and time again.

yes would like Var decided in 20 secs but it took 4 mins for the offside decision the day before between Spurs and Sheffield United, that’s the injustice and inconsistency of Var and in big games we always cop for it whilst our close rivals benefit time and time again.

So to be clear, you dont think that getting to the correct decision quickly and moving on is a good thing because the one the day before was a clusterfuck.

If VAR is to have any chance (which I doubt it does) the only way it will improve, is by evolving and most importantly getting quicker, while being correct. I'm stumped on the penalty, but to say the salah one is farce because it was too quick is farcical in itself

Right or wrong decisions? they didn't var salads offside
They did, it was clearly stated it was being checked on Sky commentary, and that the "check was over", what they didn't do until about 20 minutes later was show a conclusive replay, at the time it looked offside, so you have to ask why it took 20 minutes to show the "proof" ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.