Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

nope skysport clearly said henderson got between both

only saying what has been reported...

Jordan Henderson not reporting for England duty until Wednesday but is said to have been the peacemaker between Sterling and Gomez yesterday after a phone call.

I don't think that's true. The current SS site says this, which tallies with how it was reported earlier:

That is when Liverpool captain and senior England midfielder Jordan Henderson is believed to have stepped in to play peacemaker, after Sterling had packed his bags and was preparing to leave the camp.
Henderson, who was yet to arrive at St George's Park, was tipped off by a member of staff at Liverpool about the falling out, so arranged for both Sterling and Gomez to meet in one of the players' bedrooms.

It makes sense - Henderson probably knows both reasonably.

matey i watch the interview live on skysports news and henderson was defo there one of the reported said that if henderson got between them

So Henderson was peacemaker according to some reports by phoning both sterling and gomez as he hadn’t yet joined up with the England squad and persuaded Raheem not to leave the camp,unfortunately I’m not having that for one no disrespect to Henderson he doesn’t come across as intelligent enough to mediate in this,and if he wasn’t in the England camp how did he find out so quickly someone within the camp contact him,also who was the rat that leaked the bust up,if I was Southgate I’d be more concerned about this than a bit of fucking handbags..

clearly a lot of this is behind the scenes and something else is bubbling ? and for sterling to get a match ban smiles fishy ? some stories about sterling cutting gomez face and the liverpool players in the england sqaud are not happy with sterling and was ready to pull out if the manager did nothing

If Gomez was sat there with the 3 other Liverpool players then started giving Sterling the verbals as a big I am, which is a bit rich considering he only came on after 87 mins, then I’ve got no problem with Raz reacting.

I’m not normally a fan of the “chat sh*t, get banged” way of working, but in this case, you can certainly see how it could happen.

Got to ask what has Gomez done this season to be anywhere near an England squad ?

Ben Chilwell: "Raheem has come out and said what he thought. We are in the changing room this morning and everyone is fine. It is important not to forget what Raheem has done for English football. He made a mistake but he's a very important character." [via @MirrorFootball]

"Raheem wanted to apologise and Joe wanted to get stuff off his chest. It's not been spoken of since. He [Raheem] said it's not in his nature, which it's not. We know as football players emotions can run high. No one's trying to make excuses..."

Gareth Southgate on Sterling's punishment: “It’s not for me to discuss details of the incident. I’ve made a decision and I think it was approtopiate. He’s [Raheem Sterling] a very important player for us but I felt it was the right thing.”

Gareth Southgate on Joe Gomez's scratch: “I’m not prepared to go into detail. There is enough conjecture and opinion and talk out there – we don’t need to add to that. I’ve said what I think needs to be said but we have to keep as much as we can between ourselves.”

Ha you are the one that has thrown raz under the bus

only saying what has been reported...

Jordan Henderson not reporting for England duty until Wednesday but is said to have been the peacemaker between Sterling and Gomez yesterday after a phone call.

just checked and you are right it is crossed wires on my part ???????????

All Southgate has achieved from this farce, is giving the boo boys at England games, other clubs and the media, open season again on Raheem.

He is a feckin' joke.
Agreed. A geography teacher shouldn't be in charge of a football team. What a big girls blouse he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.