Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Fuck right off. Short memory. Those ****s revelled in our misery and rubbed it in when and where possible with there club endorsed banners.

liverpool are more an annoyance. An odd lot connected to a weird cult
Both. I equally hate them both. Exceptions are sometimes I hate one more than the other when City play them. But both. Forever.

We were certainly the better footballing side on Sunday. However our biggest problem is that we are virtually always playing against sides with loads of players back, meaning most of our chances tend to be snatched efforts. The other downside for us is that if the opposition can break quickly, like Liverpool an Wolves, then the chances they get are far far better quality than our chances with lots of space to move into. It's a balancing act and perhaps pep should adjust the team balance based on the perceived strength of the opposition. Or maybe, we should just relax and let Pep get on with it

I though we showed some steel in second half,cant wait for next game to see how we respond.
Not sure if theirs a thread for this item, but why are we so poor at corners?
Could you imagine Gomez acting the hard man with nigel dejong breathing down his neck, that's what you call steel, we're soft as shit really

Could you imagine Gomez acting the hard man with nigel dejong breathing down his neck, that's what you call steel, we're soft as shit really
Gomes was seemingly brought on with instructions to rough sterling up - which he did.
Sterling may have still bern upset about - given no protection etc. All now focussed on stetling loding it.

Nothing in terms of provocations during match or at training centre. Odd thst isn't it.

Robertson and Salah mysteriously injured, I bet Salah has a fake boot on.

Dentine doing a Purple nose when it comes to the Internationals, what's the betting they are both fit for Palace away?

We were certainly the better footballing side on Sunday. However our biggest problem is that we are virtually always playing against sides with loads of players back, meaning most of our chances tend to be snatched efforts. The other downside for us is that if the opposition can break quickly, like Liverpool an Wolves, then the chances they get are far far better quality than our chances with lots of space to move into. It's a balancing act and perhaps pep should adjust the team balance based on the perceived strength of the opposition. Or maybe, we should just relax and let Pep get on with it
The reason the other teams have lots of men back is that we're too slow getting forward. We've become too predictable, and try to pass the ball into the net. Teams have learnt how to play against us. Just lately we seem lacking in ideas how to break stubborn teams down, and when frustrated we just put in aimless crosses into the box. The injuries have taken their toll too, losing Sane and Laporte at the start of the season was a massive blow.

I think it was pretty even. But I think Pep played to Klopp's strengths.

From my perspective, Liverpool likes teams that have a high back line. His game at Dortmund was all about penetrating midfield, play the ball to one side, overload and switch play. The counter to that being a compact team to kill penetration and to have a wide formation so that switch off play doesn't force defenders to make hard choices.

City seemed to take the other approach - play narrow. Give up spaces outside and protect half spaces and the box. That worked for Pep against Dortmund on a few occasions, but that was long ago. Klopps Liverpool use crosses in a completely different way than Dortmund did. Playing passive and narrow (like against Hendo) didn't work.

A back five, four me, is a more suitable choice to negate klopp and is a much better formation for a defending line that is not played together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.