Flooding - again !

bluethrunthru

2000, 07,09,12,13,16 and now 2019 with Northern counties suffering the most. Beyond a fucking joke. Flood defence spending is allocated on number of people who benefit most so the Thames side properties have gazillions spent near them in Fishlake you have to learn to mount the telly on the wall and replace the carpets with rubber mats.

And the fire service who cover all this don’t even get paid for it there is no statutory duty for us to do it, we do it for free, imagine if we pulled the plug so to speak on it.

Need a cross Government plan to assess the parts of the country that flood and what rivers need damning or flood walls need building or it will carry on for ever more.

Maybe if we levelled the Pennines and sold the rubble to another country , we wouldn't have this problem.
What would you suggest we do to stop the rain in northern England ?
It's been raining here for thousands and thousands of years and it'll still be raining here long after us lot pop our clogs.

Maybe if we levelled the Pennines and sold the rubble to another country , we wouldn't have this problem.
What would you suggest we do to stop the rain in northern England ?
It's been raining here for thousands and thousands of years and it'll still be raining here long after us lot pop our clogs.

They soon spent the money on the thames a dam and built up all the walls cost billions. Need to do the same to all rivers that burst. South dont give a fcuk about the north.

They soon spent the money on the thames a dam and built up all the walls cost billions. Need to do the same to all rivers that burst. South dont give a fcuk about the north.
Are you seriously suggesting that we level the Pennines ?
Do you actually understand how the Pennines affect the weather in the north of England ?
I've lived in their shadow all my life and I'm pretty much fucking waterproof now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.