one one clive allen

cityboy2602 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
urmston said:
His goal v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 89/90 was superb.

I was there.
I recall that day well, it really was the mark of the man he had missed a bag-full of chances during that game, alot of players picking the ball up there would have taken the easy option and passed but to fire it into the net like that with so little time left was something else.

I was there too. For me, Clive was a good player but he never really gelled with Peter Reid. Reid was a good manager for us but for some reason he didn't see Clive's potential.

Most windy game I've ever been to, the corner flags were almost blowing away.

Chelsea went ape shit, they were trying to get it disallowed for a push by gale on Dixon if I can remember right, superb goal in the days of the deck chair shirt.

vonksbignose said:
One of my favourites as a kid & can well remember being hugely frustrated to see Adrian Heath's name on the teamsheet each week, whilst one of the best strikers of his generation was forced to warm up on the touchline, hoping for a few minutes to show what he could do.

Thanks for the kind words Clive & best wishes (well, after Sunday at least); your efforts for the club have not been forgotten.

Or that pile of dogshite Wayne Clarke when he got the nod before Clive I just remember my heart sinking. Thinking Clive your numbers up here mate.

Mike D said:
vonksbignose said:
One of my favourites as a kid & can well remember being hugely frustrated to see Adrian Heath's name on the teamsheet each week, whilst one of the best strikers of his generation was forced to warm up on the touchline, hoping for a few minutes to show what he could do.

Thanks for the kind words Clive & best wishes (well, after Sunday at least); your efforts for the club have not been forgotten.

Or that pile of dogshite Wayne Clarke when he got the nod before Clive I just remember my heart sinking. Thinking Clive your numbers up here mate.

It was bad enough on this thread being reminded about Heath, now you've really done it mentioning Clarke!

FUCK EM ALL,FUCK EM ALL,THE LONG AND THE SHORT AND THE TALL.IF YOU SEE ANY RED SHIT,WELL FUCKING WELL BOOT IT,COME ON YOU BLUES FUCK EM ALL ! one for the old kippax lads (ive had a few early,getting ready for tomorrow):-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.