one one clive allen

I was there , my first visit to Chelsea
but missed the goal of the Season , in the bogs.

Back when Martin Tyler used to commentate on the match rather than try to think of catch phrases, refer to his favourites by their nicknames such as Bobby Firmino (or even occasionally Bobby Dazzler), try to string together words beginning with the same letter or simply appealing to the casual viewer with a quick recap on the last 12 years of football including the obligatory “new money” comment. 20 seconds in on Sunday.

Clive Allen was a quality striker and a lovely bloke to boot who totally loved his time at City and living in Manchester as he's often spoke about over the years. I also believe he applied for the City managers job back in the 1990's, although how accurate this is? is open to debate.

He can't have applied in the mid/late 90s, he'd definitely have been given a go.

Mid 90s gag:
Franny Lee sees a little old lady about to cross the road so he rushes over to her and says, "Can you manage, love?".
Badum tish.

Great memories of his time with us. Did not realise what a very good player he was till he appeared in sky blue.

Class act and left far too quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.