Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Could City fans buy discounted bus travel with their seasoncard / match ticket? Could use a mobile phone app, or a payment card on the bus (you can already use debit cards and mobile phone apps on Stagecoach) as it would make it quicker to load buses and it would incentivise public transport if the bus travel was discounted. Could do likewise with the trains. I think there is something like that in operation with the Metrolink.

I have heard that Metrolink are hoping to get some more trams which might improve the number of services on match-day.

Got a feeling that City maybe reading this topic as for the 2nd game running, Stagecoach were loading more than 1 bus at a time for the journey back to Manchester after the game.
I noticed the change in bus loading and the process seemed a lot quicker than usual and I would presume transport staff would have had far fewer complaints than they normally get.

This week Mothercare gone into admininistration. This morning M&S announce declining clothes sales. House of Fraser and Debenhams in the arms of Mike Ashley. The High St (retail) is on its last legs. This in turn will have a massive impact on City centre use, and transport. Transport out to Manchester City (bus and tram) is of course part of City-wide transport network so we should keep an eye on changes in Manchester to understand the changes we can expect in the future.

Imagine how the Glazer empire is doing in the states (I recall that one of their businesses was owning shopping malls).

Badly off topic. The Rags could be getting a nice pedestrian boulevard leading up to Old Trafford?

Trafford is one of the 10 districts that make up the Greater Manchester conurbation.

As you will probably know, it’s the home of ‘Trafford’s biggest Football Club’, Manchester United. ;-)

Click on the link for the rest of the article

Brentwood and Trafford advance plans for Kellogg’s site

5 Nov 2019, 10:21

Charlie Schouten

Trafford Council and Bruntwood will showcase proposals to bring a leisure centre, up to 750 homes, a hotel, and 200,000 sq ft of offices to the nine-acre site opposite Lancashire County Cricket Club’s Emirates Stadium.

819-A3684-EAA1-4127-B7-C1-1-F0-B378-B9-DFC.jpg

Under the initial masterplan, being drawn up by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios, Avison Young, and Planit-IE, the partnership will submit an application for up to 200,000 sq ft of offices and education space; 750 residential units; a primary school of up to 75,000 sq ft; a 48,000 sq ft local centre; an hotel with 100 bedrooms; and a 6,500 sq ft energy centre, along with public open space.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/bruntwood-and-trafford-advance-plans-for-kelloggs-site/

His Highness Sheikh Mansour, could we please have one of these?

There are some insisting this is real but what is the image projecting onto?

....I like how the crowd where totally looking in a different direction to this effin huge 'hologram'....

Originally posted by mcr guy on SSC MCR.

Consultation Phase Two - Have Your Say

Oak View Group, supported by City Football Group, is considering proposals for a potential new arena at the Etihad Campus in East Manchester.

It is important to us that conversations with local communities and stakeholders happen right from the start of the process to inform our plans.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the first phase of consultation in October.

During the first phase of consultation, you told us that a new arena needs to provide genuine benefits for local people and that we should ensure new jobs and training can be accessible to the community.

You also told us that we need to have a robust transport plan, which would allow people to travel to the arena with minimised impact on surrounding communities.

We are now working hard to ensure a new arena would address these priorities. This is at the heart of our commitment to building a world-class new arena that puts the local community first.

We are now preparing to ask for your views on our more developed plans, as part of our next stage of consultation beginnning on 25 November 2019

https://www.eastlandsarena-consult.com/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.