Ederson out Sunday

Re the third goal..so you think a keeper "should" be saving a point blank header from 4 yards by a player rushing in at the back post,unmarked,who has time to keep his eye on the ball and deliver a textbook, powerful ,downward header? Really? Banks and Jim Montgomery would have been struggling mate
Not to mention that Bravo has to scramble across to his back post...I say fair play to Klopp for targeting a known kyle Walker defensive weakness which ive mentioned before...no good when the ball is slung in high to the far post ,generally weak in the air.
Thats excellent exploitation of weakness by Klopp and Manes header was,imo,brilliant.
Neither Sterling,Sane or Marhrez are scoring that..all credit to the goal scorer
I actually think it was half Bravo, half Walker. It's not the header you should focussing on, it's the cross in.

I can see Bravo is a nice guy(some are way too disrespectful) but he doesn't seem to have gotten over that nightmare first season and the players around him seem to have flashbacks when he's playing. They don't seem confident and other teams can sense that.

Last edited:
I actually think it was half Bravo, half Walker. It's not the header you should focussing on it's the cross in. Bravo comes of his line as if he's going to clear our man and ball to get a fist to the cross coming in(which was possible) but he ended up doing nothing. Walker may argue that he thought his keeper was going to deal with it but that's not good enough at this level, assume he wont and be ready to challenge for it regardless.
Will look at it again...

Lamela strike was different height and Ederson off his line. Bravo not in centre of the goal when it’s hit and he goes late. I also think he should’ve saved the third. I realise people disagree but I think both are saveable. It never takes a great shot for Claudio to be beaten.
You'll need to stop talking about goalkeeping because it's clear you know fuck all about it. We get it, you don't rate him, that's an opinion you're entitled to. Your mind was already made up going into this game that bravo was going to be at fault and even though he wasn't your bias can't allow you to accept it so you have decided to just blame him anyway. It's a shit house trick that makes any other of your posts on the subject void.

Will look at it again...
Actually scrap that, I am misremembering it. It was too high for him to reach it perhaps but he did come off his line and get caught under it, that's why he ended up diving backwards into his own net. So no excuse for Walker at all there but neither of them dealt with it properly.

There was no danger at all at his front post(should have been starting from the center of the goal) and he could have judged the height of the ball sooner to avoid coming of his line at all. He still might not have saved it but he gave himself no chance with his lack of positioning and awareness. Just my take on it.

Last edited:
Lamela strike was different height and Ederson off his line. Bravo not in centre of the goal when it’s hit and he goes late. I also think he should’ve saved the third. I realise people disagree but I think both are saveable. It never takes a great shot for Claudio to be beaten.
Rubbish, he could have thrown his cap on it, it was a poor mistake, if Bravo had done it he would have been slaughtered on here.

Actually scrap that, I am misremembering it. It was too high for him to reach it perhaps but he did come off his line and get caught under it, that's why he ended up diving backwards into his own net. So no excuse for Walker at all there but neither of them dealt with it properly.

There was no danger at all at his front post(should have been staring from the center of the goal) and he could have judged the height of the ball sooner to avoid coming of his line at all. He still might not have saved it but he gave himself no chance with his lack of positioning and awareness. Just my take on it.
Ok.i wont look at it again.; )

Re the third goal..so you think a keeper "should" be saving a point blank header from 4 yards by a player rushing in at the back post,unmarked,who has time to keep his eye on the ball and deliver a textbook, powerful ,downward header? Really? Banks and Jim Montgomery would have been struggling mate
Not to mention that Bravo has to scramble across to his back post...I say fair play to Klopp for targeting a known kyle Walker defensive weakness which ive mentioned before...no good when the ball is slung in high to the far post ,generally weak in the air.
Thats excellent exploitation of weakness by Klopp and Manes header was,imo,brilliant.
Neither Sterling,Sane or Marhrez are scoring that..all credit to the goal scorer
Not that powerful. Flaps at it. Look at his dive on the replay and his face. He knows it’s poor. My opinion. But also generally you hit target when he’s in net and it’s a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.