Var debate 2019/20

It must be pretty crap to have to make that decision.

Out of interest, have you told the club why you made the decisions?
No. It might just be a reaction to winning 4 cups the year before and thinking there's nothing else to see (I felt a similar way to football in 2012/13 but eventually got back into it) or it might be me permanently falling out of love with the game generally. We'll see.

In my opinion the referee's have to make the final decision. Where is the use of the on-field monitor for example? A bunch of guys sat in a video control room somewhere interpreting the game in their own way has to be wrong it can easily be abused and manipulated more so than ever before. Why FIFA have to try and re-invent the wheel I do not know, the rugby based system is all that was required; on field decision is a) but can you check for b) etc.
the rugby VAR is backed up by fans knowing whats going on,this will never happen in football FIFA/FA want it hush hush, 3 or 4 men who make a descision at VAR HQ will talk to the ref but the ref will never side against them 'how can he when they have the equipment to look at the incident, the only possible way it works is VAR is scraped and the ref looks pitchside at the TV,no one else involved

I can tell you that I've heard from what I consider a more reliable source than an anonymous FB page that VAR was NOT working on Sunday (and there's been a few other games where it hasn't been working) yet PGMOL are maintaining the fiction (i.e. lying) that everything was normal. The fact that there was no on-screen review of the possible offside against Salah should be further proof that it wasn't working.

The clubs knew, PGMOL and the match officials knew, the broadcasters knew and all maintained this lie and continue to do so. So if they'll lie about that, what else will they lie about? Match fixing, official corruption, players being controlled by gangsters? All of those and more.

I will say this.

If the club knew, saw us get shafted like that and still continue to say nothing then they are as bad as the rest.

It's fucking shameful and even more so if our own club is pulling the wool over our eyes.

I understand why the club are dealing with it behind closed doors but from a fan's perspective we want to know that the club knows what is going on and that they are going public to let everyone else know that they know. It isn't coincidental that we have been on the end of some appalling decisions this season as with previous seasons yet we were all led to believe that with the introduction of VAR it would be more of a level playing field. The game is corrupt and assuming we aren't part of the corruption then the fans want to hear and see the club doing something about it. We are being screwed over both domestically and in Europe and fans are sick to the back teeth and in time there may well be a backlash. After 46 years of following the club, home and away I am already in two minds about renewing for next season. The club should be very worried if fans like me, and there are plenty, are considering packing it all in due to the blatant cheating that is going on. It's almost impossible to believe that we will retain the league and I am also aware that the league is desperate to include new teams in the top 4 and will give them every possible help.

We already have corruption that is rife in the game so they introduced VAR and put a bunch of guys in a video control room that we are not shown footage of making decisions that can change the course of a game and we are not even allowed to hear the dialogue. There needs to be transparency to remove the corruption element as without that I'm going to believe that someone took a bung on Sunday.

the rugby VAR is backed up by fans knowing whats going on,this will never happen in football FIFA/FA want it hush hush, 3 or 4 men who make a descision at VAR HQ will talk to the ref but the ref will never side against them 'how can he when they have the equipment to look at the incident, the only possible way it works is VAR is scraped and the ref looks pitchside at the TV,no one else involved

FIFA are so bent and VAR in its current form is going to be abused if it hasn't already. We don't even know who is at VAR HQ and we can't hear anything how can that be right? it's a farce I don't know why the clubs are agreeing to this?

In my opinion the referee's have to make the final decision. Where is the use of the on-field monitor for example? A bunch of guys sat in a video control room somewhere that we are not shown interpreting the game in their own way has to be wrong it can easily be abused and manipulated more so than ever before. Why FIFA have to try and re-invent the wheel I do not know, the rugby based system is all that was required; on field decision is a) but can you check for b) etc.

The people sat at home should be able to hear any dialog too just like in rugby it is ridiculous that it is so secretive and we already have corruption in the game as it is!!
The pundits mentioned about how difficult it would be to overturn certain decisions at certain grounds, so we have a huge problem with it right there and hearing the reasonings could cause mayhem.

It's fairly obvious that VAR wasn't working on Sunday. Even while the match was going on I was wondering why nothing was being checked, so I don't need convincing about that.

But what I don't understand is why it was kept quiet. VAR tech has malfunctioned before and the protocol is that the game just goes ahead without it.

Why not just announce that beforehand and get on with it? Were they seriously just hoping nothing contentious would happen and that no one would notice?

And why the fuck are City playing along with it?

It's fairly obvious that VAR wasn't working on Sunday. Even while the match was going on I was wondering why nothing was being checked, so I don't need convincing about that.

But what I don't understand is why it was kept quiet. VAR tech has malfunctioned before and the protocol is that the game just goes ahead without it.

Why not just announce that beforehand and get on with it? Were they seriously just hoping nothing contentious would happen and that no one would notice?

And why the fuck are City playing along with it?

We should have refused to play the fucking game its that simple.

Sporting integrity is out of the window with games having VAR and others not, it s a joke and to think we have gone along with the lie makes me fucking sick to be honest.

What the fuck are we playing at and thinking?

I will say this.

If the club knew, saw us get shafted like that and still continue to say nothing then they are as bad as the rest.

It's fucking shameful and even more so if our own club is pulling the wool over our eyes.
maybe a legal thing though, city could come out and spout off and end up getting a points deduction and massive fine,first time offender and made an example of to shut the rest up,would not think for a minute city would pull the wool over their own fans eyes

maybe a legal thing thou, city could come out and spout off and end up getting a points deduction and massive fine,first time offender and made an example of to shut the rest up,would not think for a minute city would pull the wool over their own fans eyes

Take the fine, take the points deduction i dont care.

We have been cheated on Sunday by everyone as fans and that includes the club itself if they are in on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.