Gareth Southgate

Even before the Sterling bust up I was wondering about Southgate's attitude to City. The dropping of Walker, the none selection of Phil and now hanging out Sterling to dry begins to look like it.
Certainly his quotes about foreign players in youth set ups seem more directed at us and Chelsea.i guess he stood by Raheem over racism. Has he an issue?

giphy.gif

We should be thanking the man. Keep Foden away from the FA dinosaurs, Walker gets a rest and Sterling does as well.

I wonder if we can piss off the Spanish and Brazil national team managers to get them to drop our players.

No.

Raz has had a key role, Walker's form went off the boil, Stones has been injured and he picked Delph when it wasn't a popular choice.

Can't reasonably expect him to pick Phil when Pep snubs him on a regular basis.
Well said.

Does anyone think we should stop focusing on the negative like this thread is doing ? or is this negativity now going to define us ?

Yes VAR robbed us of 3 decisions but it also doesn't take away the fact that our defence is inadequate at the moment due to it lacking a leader

We should be celebrating the fact that our great club, with the injuries we had still took the game to them, in a stadium we haven't won since 2003 anyway - and are still only 9pts behind with a hell of a way to go still

Does anyone think we should stop focusing on the negative like this thread is doing ? or is this negativity now going to define us ?

Yes VAR robbed us of 3 decisions but it also doesn't take away the fact that our defence is inadequate at the moment due to it lacking a leader

We should be celebrating the fact that our great club, with the injuries we had still took the game to them, in a stadium we haven't won since 2003 anyway - and are still only 9pts behind with a hell of a way to go still
Yep, I do think think there is a danger that we're starting to get consumed by our own self-pity. Time for a bit of resilience in adversity.

No.

Raz has had a key role, Walker's form went off the boil, Stones has been injured and he picked Delph when it wasn't a popular choice.

Can't reasonably expect him to pick Phil when Pep snubs him on a regular basis.
What about Gomez then?

Whats this got to do with Southgate?
Walker selection is a mystery when you look at the other options and his England form. The only negativity i see on this thread is blues turning on our own players. Foden has started matches and dominated u21 international matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.