Var debate 2019/20

As soon as the ball hit his arm in the 6th minute, watch Oliver, he was waving his arms immediately saying no penalty, not even allowing it to go to a Var review. Var is an issue but biggest issues is the cheats officiating games, and the same cheats in charge of Var

You forget the reason VAR is there and why very, very few decisions have been overturned. Old Mother Riley can point to that and say ‘look how good my officials are, none of their decisions get overturned’. OMR has to go.

maybe a legal thing though, city could come out and spout off and end up getting a points deduction and massive fine,first time offender and made an example of to shut the rest up,would not think for a minute city would pull the wool over their own fans eyes

It's not a reason to cancel the match in the regs if VAR malfunctions.
If both teams were aware, then that's probably all that was needed.

Sky giving the impression there was VAR is a whole different matter.

As you say, venting publically would achieve nothing much.

If a similar contentious incident had happened in Rugby Union, the ref would be miked up explain his initial decision and asking for all of the different camera angles to be shown to him. He would then be asking for the frames to be "rock and rolled" at the relevant points from the different angles so that he could come to his final decision which would be relayed to the fans. Surely that is what should be happening in football.

If the referee explains why he has made a decision when will there ever be a clear and obvious error? They quite clearly will always have a reason why they have made the decision in the first place, surely the whole reason for VAR should be to be able to show them additional information that they weren't initially aware of which may alter the decision making process.

LMFAO. This will never happen. VAR must only be used to confirm the ‘correct’ decisions made by the on field officials. Ask OMR.

It's not a reason to cancel the match in the regs if VAR malfunctions.
If both teams were aware, then that's probably all that was needed.

Sky giving the impression there was VAR is a whole different matter.

As you say, venting publically would achieve nothing much.
this is it,why did sky give the inpression their was VAR,were they told to do so and if they were then that is deception,what a sad sad mess all this is

this is it,why did sky give the inpression their was VAR,were they told to do so and if they were then that is deception,what a sad sad mess all this is

Why have we as a club gone along with it, even Pep?

TBH i think VAR was intended to turn out quite a bit different than what it has, but what bothers me its not going to get scrapped its only going to get tweeked here and their, VAR HQ will remain in the background and we will never know how they make descisions or why, its over for me and i refuse to pump another penny into football, its that bad i cant even watch the game from the armchair now i'd sooner weed the garden, 40 years of watching the blues to this its very very sad

Last edited:
This is shocking to hear. Clubs are probably told to keep stum if it isn't working but thinking about it there was no way it was in operation on Sunday. The natural/un-natural arm argument is nonsense that is what the referees "used" to work it out on. VAR states if a defender makes themselves bigger by positioning their arms in such a way then it is a foul. The on-field decision shall we say to play on was incorrect BUT it wasn't a penalty either as should the ball have fallen to Sterling off the hand of B.Silva and he scored that would and should have been rightly chalked off. It was a freekick dead ball situation, even if you consider that the handball from B.Silva was a foul and Liverpool were given advantage the first phase of that advantage was another handball so it would have then been a penalty wouldn't it?

VAR to work needs the transparency that we have in Rugby, I'm pretty sure what the clubs agreed to is not this implementation of it as it is shocking and can easily be manipulated.

Probably not a lot of choice, the repercussions would be huge. They would be challenging not just the integrity of the FA but FIFA too, if the latter have any left of course.

Probably not a lot of choice, the repercussions would be huge. They would be challenging not just the integrity of the FA but FIFA too, if the latter have any left of course.

Id sooner that than us going along for the ride as it seems we are now doing.

It gets worse, the Salah goal seems offside too as the camera angle we have all seen takes perspective into account. No replays in the ground or at home for either incident = more time for them to potentially doctor the footage or just not show it. How can they expect us to believe what VAR HQ say? when we hear no dialogue or see anything. This has angered me so much now, I was prepared to say we were well beaten on the day but this is SHOCKING.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.