Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Ferdinand got a 3 match ban for calling someone a "sket" to be fair, but surprisingly didn't get banned for calling Ashley Cole a choc-ice.

Totally agree that Hennessey getting off was bizarre
To be fair, Ferdinand's tweet is literally still up there on his page. With Bernardo and Mario, they were deleted almost immediately. I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea of banning someone for something that obviously didn't have any bad intentions behind it, particularly for a first offence.

I don't think the ban is the problem, 1 game we can deal with. Other players have been banned for what they have felt was a joke, simply because it was offensive and they are in the spotlight representing this league.

The problem for me is the lack of effort from the FA to distinguish what he did from racism.

Most of us will know saying something that was deemed "racially-offensive" isn't the same as being guilty of racism. You just watch the idiots out there run with this now though.

The wording of the charge should have removed racial from it completely, it was insensitive and careless at best.

totally wrong and daft ???

this is a war i think manchester city are never going to win ?? and many will be waving the white flags in giving up. its more to do with 2 clubs in england that don't like us because we are a major threat to them, its a dirty world of football and the media are part of it and they jump to the tunes of the clubs that feed them

can i just make one more point about it being a racist thing and why its all bollocks ?? if a white man dress up as a black man or a characters the whole world goes MAD, but a black man/woman dresses up as a white man/woman and make funny films then its ok also when troy deeney dressed up this halloween as a white clown its ok

NINTCHDBPICT000537165043.jpg

He has gotten off lightly there in my view. Accept that lenience was shown and move on.

It's pretty similar to Balotelli's punishment for a similar tweet, in fact Balotelli's was arguably worse as he was aware the stereotypes he was using in his tweet were offensive.

At least there's consistency here of sorts, it's certainly not lenient however. Lenient is letting Hennesy away with what he did on the basis of ignorance.

totally wrong and daft ???

this is a war i think manchester city are never going to win ?? and many will be waving the white flags in giving up. its more to do with 2 clubs in england that don't like us because we are a major threat to them, its a dirty world of football and the media are part of it and they jump to the tunes of the clubs that feed them

can i just make one more point about it being a racist thing and why its all bollocks ?? if a white man dress up as a black man or a characters the whole world goes MAD, but a black man/woman dresses up as a white man/woman and make funny films then its ok also when troy deeney dressed up this halloween as a white clown its ok

NINTCHDBPICT000537165043.jpg
Dressing up as a clown isn't dressing up as a white person. Just like this isn't blacking up:

images

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.