Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

WTAF - unbelievable decision. If it was me I would be begging the club to appeal and take the FA to court. Utter joke of an organization...

The press and sky sports news will be in uproar as they wanted a 6 game ban and specifically said that it's racist and the ban will be huge.
Yet again the British media are way way off the mark with their personal predictions.

I hope bernardo takes the FA on for labelling his friendship and banter with mendy as racist.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but could someone summarise how many supposed outstanding offences are still being investigated by FIFA UEFA PL FA & what our punishment might be?

Are we still in danger of being banned from next years CL? Because if so, I fear the worst based on Bernado’s case

I think you've got to cut people a bit of slack in their second language tbh, particularly with memes. There are cultural references and subtext that foreigners sometimes simply won't get, and certainly won't know if they're offensive. He's pretty good at English, but to be honest I've taught Masters degree students at UK universities who could have trouble with this kind of thing, particularly if it's posted as a quick retweet without really thinking about it. There are huge corporations with highly-paid PR departments regularly fucking up in Asia as we speak because they don't know what's considered offensive over there, and here we are talking about some kid who plays football for a living.

Fair enough, you've educated me, slack is cut.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but could someone summarise how many supposed outstanding offences are still being investigated by FIFA UEFA PL FA & what our punishment might be?

Are we still in danger of being banned from next years CL? Because if so, I fear the worst based on Bernado’s case

Why? Two completely seperate authorities doing the decision making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.