Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media coverage is even more bananas than I thought it would be, but guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Pep is incredible, amazing and all those things, as we will rue the days when he is gone. I love what he is and what he does so the media and haters can simply do one.

If he leaves it's because of the optics, where he's not been given the respect he deserves from too many in England, particularly the media, even after 2 titles and 198 points in 2 seasons.

A good portion of it, IMHO, is due to the the strangely "unholy" alliance between Brexit & left-wing class warfare lovers targeting City in the context of hyper-romanticisation of tribal football values as the sport being only acceptable in its purest form as a "working class" game where quality is less important than hard work and rooting for underdog.

It's quite interesting to me, as in the USA this can very much be true, but there is also more love here for glamourous and glitzy sides even if constructed in ways fans don't like as one bows down to the performance. Besides wealth in the USA this relates, in part, to why the USA is influential to celebrity culture in the world, with Hollywood, the NBA, and the music industry (particularly hip-hop) being massively influential and revered when it is done with quality.

I heard on the Football Weekly podcast the fill-in host say this result was a "Knockout blow." Today Barney Ronay's article and the other day Eni Aluko's piece, both in a so-called respectable periodical like The Guardian. This is the climate and you wonder if he's thinking no matter what I do the media/fans in this country will never love me like they do Klopp and lead him to go away.

How much Pep is discredited is almost madness to me.

Was a poor result, and we have flaws, but I can't blame him for leaving as I can see why he might think he can never truly get them to respect him as much as he wants.

It will be a very sad day and I hope he knows many of us are behind him regardless of what they say.

Where was that love for underdogs when Rags and Liverpool were dominating?

Don't be silly, they all speak from positions of:

1. fans of other clubs (they are tribal and hate City beating their clubs) and
2. to please masses of fans of other clubs. Liverpool and Rags are by far the majority of fans and they don't care upsetting City fans to please the majority.

Fellas a genius, I have to question the intelligence of anyone who thinks otherwise.

When he moves on, we should just consider ourselves lucky to have had him manage Gods own. Press might give him his due after he has overhauled the dips this season to win 3 in a row.

Being reported on Talksport that agreement has been reached for Pep to return to Munich in the summer as his family have been unable to settle in Manchester.

In German Media they are reporting that his family doesn't want to live in Manchester anymore, they are feeling unwell in Manchester. Guardiola still wants to fullfill his contract but might force to quit after this season
FFS he has said many times how happy the family is here and just said he is staying till the end of his contract

In German Media they are reporting that his family doesn't want to live in Manchester anymore, they are feeling unwell in Manchester. Guardiola still wants to fullfill his contract but might force to quit after this season
Unwell? They have probably convinced themselves he misses German cuisine and Manchester is like a third world country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.