Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Yeah but let's be honest Bernie isn't exactly running on full speed yet, as are a lot of the players.
He's had a stop start 3 months and seems a yard off it like Kdb n others.
Now this has finally been resolved maybe we'll get the real bernardo for the remainder of the season.
Bernardo was playing well until all the ridiculous racist allegations reared up. Since then his form understandably dipped. Bernardo is one of the nicest guys you could meet. Hopefully he can get back to top form as you say.

Sadly the only thing to be done in such circumstances is to shrug and accept that the cultural climate has changed for the worse, because appealing such decisions on;y invites further criticism. Even people with liberal & left-wing views that were acquired in earlier times are now baffled by (and accused by) today's p-c folk/snowflakes who have forsaken common sense. The new production of "West Side Story" coming to Broadway will omit the wonderful song "I feel pretty" because it's not considered ok now for a girl to rejoice in her physical attractiveness. And from back home I hear the BBC is rewriting the script on tv shows in order to suggest that being English can only be associated with racism & colonialism rather with fairness and decency.
Tell me that’s not true about West side story

At least he can put it behind him now because I think having this hanging over him has been affecting his performances.

The problem with this IMO is that while he may or may not be able to put it behind him, no one else will.

Announcers, press etc. will mention ad nauseum that he was banned for Chelsea during that match. And then he's "back from his ban" next match. And that he once had a ban in matches after that. It will follow him around for the remainder of his career, in a way that a fine and an educational session wouldn't.

Once you cross the line and harm the SIDE and affect the competitive sporting dynamic, it becomes part of the history and lore of the player, the club and the sport. It's only impacts the player if it's a fine and an education session.

I reiterate that the punishment of a ban does not fit the "crime" here, which at best means the FA is hamhanded and uncaring, and at worse means they want to harm City specifically.

Rediculous decision. Bernardo doesn't have a racist bone in his body. It is simply pure virtue signaling by the FA.

Last edited:
H'e's accepted that he's made an error of judgement and accepted the charge. He's not been charged with being a racist and anyone with even a bit of sawdust between the ears doesn't believe he is racist.

He should have sent it in private but because he didn't and it wasn't the first social media post that could potentially be deemed as offensive then he's been give a 1 game ban.

had this happened without the pressure from kick it out etc to deal with ill education then i believe he would have received a suspended 1 game ban at most. Think before you tweet and if this means that it gets through to a more folk who have done and still do post far worse with the intention of causing offence and helps to educate children then perhaps Bernardo will take some comfort from that.

He could turn this into a positive and help with the education of others.

He's not racist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.