Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see him leaving in the summer but I'm pretty sure a return to Bayern isn't on the cards, even if they grovelled their arses off for him to go back.

Pep's big friend in Munich was Uli Hoeness who is retiring in a few weeks time.

The only people left are the ones he didn't get on with. He isn't going back.

Considering all the funds Pep has received from Sheikh Mansour and the club over the last years so he can build his perfect team, I can't see him terminate his contract before it runs out. He wouldn't do that. Quite the opposite, I think he could extend his contract again. I sure hope so.
Why on earth would he go back to Bayern? To start a new rebuild that will take years, and not likely have access to as much funds as City? Juventus, same thing, start a new rebuild that will take years, for what?

I believe it would be every managers dream to have these kind of funds to play this attractive football. He spent almost four years perfecting Man City. Why ruin it just for another league? Juventus doesn't even have any competition in Italy.

I'm not worried about the rumours at all. Italian media said Pep had agreed to join Juventus = lie. This about going back to Germany comes from the german news agencies = another lie.

Strike while the iron is hot,all negative stories circulating about city,loss to scousers,league over,sterling England bust up,Bernardo ban tweet and now pep off end of season to Bayern,they will just keep at it from now till the season is over constant negative attack,if pep was to sign another contract extension in the next few days they’d still report he’s off to Bayern or juventus,the media need to watch out as all this reporting on us could blindside them when their favourite German jumps ship and he’s off to Bayern instead..

Last edited:
How much Pep is discredited is almost madness to me.

You are right that it's bash Pep season in the press. Matthew Syed in The Times put his judgement on hold to offer a piece in which he - basically - compared Pep's behaviour to Mourinho. How brave to use THIS moment to ask, does he have too favourable a reputation? What's even more insane is that someone like Syed should end up echoing Spanish Right Wing talking points criticising Pep for showing solidarity to the Catalan Separatists, calling it a hypocrisy from a man paid by Abu Dhabi (who afaik, are not involved in Catalan politics). He called Pep's reply 'Every country decides how to rule itself' 'bizarre'. What, Matt? It's a philosophically pretty sound statement, almost self-evident, that Nations rule themselves. Unfortunately I think Syed has been getting plenty of attention for his utterances on City. It's popular, cheap copy, sure... but I'm still suprised someone like him would use his name to promote criticisms cribbed word-for-word from a well known Spanish right wing populist journo.

I... I just can't get over these crazy times. What the hell is going on?

Peps off
Sterling causes a riot
Anti City Stories everywhere in the press
Anyone would think its International week.

Strike while the iron is hot,all negative stories circulating about city,loss to scousers,league over,sterling England bust up,Bernardo ban tweet and now pep off end of season to Bayern,they will just keep at it from now till the season is over constant negative attack,if pep was to sign another contract extension in the next few days they’d still report he’s off to Bayern or juventus,the media need to watch out as all this reporting on us could blindside them when their favourite German jumps ship and he’s off to Bayern instead..
Double like ;)

I can see him leaving in the summer but I'm pretty sure a return to Bayern isn't on the cards, even if they grovelled their arses off for him to go back.
I agree, I think he'll fancy Italy but it'll be the following summer once he's seen out his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.