Var debate 2019/20

Looks like we are going into battle this week,var meeting as well,time to out these fuckers
Exactly,although I’d actually want to play the long game and in part keep our powder dry then bang arrange a meeting and drop a huge dossier on them,we’ve been here before during the 2011-12 season when dirt was dug up on refs fucking us over,didnt someone approach city with information which we then had confirmed about what was going on,hmmm rags that season vying for title,hmmm scousers this season ...

Last edited:
LMFAO. This will never happen. VAR must only be used to confirm the ‘correct’ decisions made by the on field officials. Ask OMR.

I completely agree, that’s all it seems to be doing at the moment, they have to change it so that the referee can see anything that is being reviewed to see if there is additional information he can take into account which may change the original decision, as it is at the moment the VAR official is just making the decision there isn’t, without the referee being given the opportunity to make that decision for themselves.

The other point that really infuriates me is that everyone in the ground seems to be treated as Neanderthals, who if we heard why the referee was making a decision wouldn’t be able to accept it and would presumably cause a riot. Do they not realise if the decision has gone against us we are already incensed, having it shown on the screen and clearly explained why the decision has been made is surely only going to help the situation. As it is we are left in the dark and just told the original decision is correct.

I’ll put this in here,it’s been bugging me since Sunday and has been mentioned by a few pundits but it was mourinho who said it on Sunday that had me thinking something along the lines of, “do you honestly believe they would have disallowed their goal and awarded city a pen at the other end I think we know the answer to that”.so if mourinho is thinking that then what does that tell us ..

I’ll put this in here,it’s been bugging me since Sunday and has been mentioned by a few pundits but it was mourinho who said it on Sunday that had me thinking something along the lines of, “do you honestly believe they would have disallowed their goal and awarded city a pen at the other end I think we know the answer to that”.so if mourinho is thinking that then what does that tell us ..
It's been mentioned once or twice. And yes, it's a problem, innit.

However I am more concerned with knowing the facts about whether VAR was working or not. Did the players know? Did the officials know and in particular were the assistant referees reminded to judge offsides in the previous and more strict manner in the knowledge that there was no review system to undo the new lenient instructions. If there were some that knew and some that didn't (and Sergio seemed to think VAR was in operation) then that is a really serious flaw.

It's been mentioned once or twice. And yes, it's a problem, innit.

However I am more concerned with knowing the facts about whether VAR was working or not. Did the players know? Did the officials know and in particular were the assistant referees reminded to judge offsides in the previous and more strict manner in the knowledge that there was no review system to undo the new lenient instructions. If there were some that knew and some that didn't (and Sergio seemed to think VAR was in operation) then that is a really serious flaw.
The quickness of the supposed checks the stonewall pen and offside(salah) being the main two just has me thinking was it in use at all,and if it wasn’t and did the club know which if they did then that raises more questions..

The quickness of the supposed checks the stonewall pen and offside(salah) being the main two just has me thinking was it in use at all,and if it wasn’t and did the club know which if they did then that raises more questions..
Yep. How do we know that the transmission between the ground and Stockley hadn't been compromised by a betting organisation or someone locally with malicious intent. Do they use the club's wifi to transmit this info, for example, and does this mean it is secure enough. Did Oliver know they were having problems and that meant he couldn't send the TAA handball up for review. All sorts of questions that need answering and I hope the club are demanding these are answered. There might be a reasonable explanation but the silence is sickening.

The referees’ chief Mike Riley will come under pressure from Premier League club chairmen tomorrow to introduce modifications to VAR. Manchester City are the latest club to write to him expressing concerns about the system. [@martynziegler]
Positive I suppose but it doesn't need modifying... needs fecking off completely! Ruining the game.

Sorry, but I muted the sound, but the same thought came to me as soon as it went to Var, no way would they bring Liverpool back at Anfield from a 1 -0 lead to 0 - 0 and possibly facing a penalty, way too scary for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.