Kazimierz Deyna

Your memory may be a bit better than mine Petrusha, definitely mid-week last game but I had us trailing 1-3 and Deyna with a top corner job free kick, my memory says in the dying embers as I was on my way out and looked back (from what became the Gene Kelly stand) .
Either way, a fantastic player, couldn’t believe it when we actually signed him, absolute class with a footballing brain to go with it, a very sad loss.

Remember discussing it with this guy, a Villa fan, on Twitter a few months ago. Maybe Deyna scored on the stroke of HT when you were going out for a comfort or refreshment break?

marco you are right that he died in a car crash. The police said if memory servers me right that he was drunk when the accident happened. Another think that I do remember was being at a buffet for him as well as Tadeaus Nowak and another Polish player that played for Oldham, both came over at the same time as Kazimierz Deyna. I remember at one game telling a City supporter to stop shouting at Deyna, because he was having a bad game, it was also about the time his wife was heavily pregnant and seriously ill and could have lost the baby. After this he asked me how I knew I said because my dad was speaking to him about how he was settling in in Manchester. and that's how I knew she was seriously ill.
City put Deyna up in The Sandpiper on his arrival (its in Joe Corrigans book) & he was a “drinker” can’t believe nobody has mentioned his winner at Leeds after us going 1-0 down, Paul Power headed the equaliser before kaziu Deyna hit one in the top corner

Remember watching him at Tynecastle ..4 team tourney with Hearts Hibs and Coventry
He stood out in a dire City team only topped by Coventrys chocolate strip :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.