Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

My point was that this fine is totally out of proportion with other fines handed out for cases of racism. Millwall were only fined £10k!

Fans not players, and in a lower division. Fans are not signed up to any protocol, players will be. These just aren't comparable. Now if there's an example of a PL player posting something similar this season and not being charged, then there's a meaningful comparison that can be made.

The ££ count would be far less if it was a Leyton Orient player, based on profile (and thus potential effect) and wage. No-one would think fining someone like that £50k would make sense.

Let someone from the FA/Premier League explain how a footballer called Wayne Hennesey who when doing a Nazi salute got away with it by claiming that he did not know that what he was doing was a Nazi salute. What plant has this guy been living on all his life, that he does not know what a Nazi salute was. Come on now what were they teaching him in history class when he was at school. You have to have missed every war film or news reel about Germany before and during the war, to have missed the Nazi salute. I cannot prove it but my guess is that he was telling pork pies to whoever was investigating this event where this happened.

What happened between Bernado and Benjamin was a joke between friends. Maybe it would have been better if Bernado had just texted him with the so called racist picture.

I think the ban is too much, and 50k is nothing to him, a. Couple of days wages - I think fines should be proportional to the ability to pay.

And I clearly didn't equate the kkk burning a cross to Bernard's tweet.

why do you think $50k is nothing to him? It’s his he’s earnt it & it’s not proportional to what he’s done. Good job prince Philip didn’t get a fine proportionate to his wages when he upset people.

He may want to donate it to a worthy cause.

It’s a joke !

why do you think $50k is nothing to him? It’s his he’s earnt it & it’s not proportional to what he’s done. Good job prince Philip didn’t get a fine proportionate to his wages when he upset people.

It’s a joke !

Because is a quarter of his weekly wage? Because its loss will not impact his life in any meaningful way? He literally will not notice it.

How did FA explain the amount of the fine in comparison to similar cases?
Surely there must be some transparency to understand the outcome.

Oh so now its complaining not about Liverpool not getting fined but UEFA fines being bigger than FA fines? That seems relevant....

It's still total bollocks of course because the closed stadium will cost Bulgsria 10x the amount Bernardo was fined.
So you are excusing UEFA for their inaction over serious offences, Bulgaria should have been facing a long international ban, but condone the vilification of two City players by a media who are as utterly reprehensible as the racists and nut jobs that fill their comments sections. I haven't mentioned Liverpool getting fined, but now you mention it a look into how the Sterling story got to the media should be investigated.

Sorry, a third of his weekly wage.
It’s a joke !

How did FA explain the amount of the fine in comparison to similar cases?
Surely there must be some transparency to understand the outcome.

Only if there ARE any similar cases to refer to.
I think they certainly changed the regulations in the summer as well, and quite probably stated that they will have zero tolerance for racial stereotyping/abuse.

Only if there ARE any similar cases to refer to.
I think they certainly changed the regulations in the summer as well, and quite probably stated that they will have zero tolerance for racial stereotyping/abuse.

Ok, that means there isn't any transparency at all and they actually do what they want. As usual.

Fans not players, and in a lower division. Fans are not signed up to any protocol, players will be. These just aren't comparable. Now if there's an example of a PL player posting something similar this season and not being charged, then there's a meaningful comparison that can be made
I think the Wayne Hennessey case makes for a more compelling argument than the size of any fine. The FA accepted in that case that Hennessey didn't know what a Nazi salute was, which is quite obviously untrue, and dropped the charges. In Bernardo's case they accepted that "the player did not have any knowledge of the historical connotations of the Conguitos character", but banned him regardless. It smacks of double standards to me.

Anyway, the club and Silva have accepted the punishment, albeit reluctantly, so I think there's little point in dwelling on it. Time to draw a line under it and move on. Hopefully Bernardo can recapture the form he showed last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.