Champions League 2019/20

Vincent Kompany:

"I can understand why City fans boo the UEFA anthem but I also think that if we really want to win the Champions League we should start the competition with every positive attitude possible."

"Until as a club and its fans we're sure that we want to win this league more than anyone else we don't deserve it. If we don't really want to win it, then we shouldn't. I think most people will agree with me that that's fair."

"All I will say to them is this: I know what it's like to be a player on the pitch trying to have a positive, energised feeling from the moment you enter the pitch, and I'm not sure that hearing your fans booing the anthem helps with that."

Vincent Kompany:

"I can understand why City fans boo the UEFA anthem but I also think that if we really want to win the Champions League we should start the competition with every positive attitude possible."

"Until as a club and its fans we're sure that we want to win this league more than anyone else we don't deserve it. If we don't really want to win it, then we shouldn't. I think most people will agree with me that that's fair."

"All I will say to them is this: I know what it's like to be a player on the pitch trying to have a positive, energised feeling from the moment you enter the pitch, and I'm not sure that hearing your fans booing the anthem helps with that."

Vincent Kompany:

Fair enough Vincent. But booing the anthem should not make the team play badly, it is only for a moment or two before the game starts.

We just do not seem to have the players to win the CL, for a start you have to defend better than we do.

Vincent Kompany:

Club legend talking bollocks here.

We boo the anthem before the game.

When the game starts we support the team.

The reason we haven't won the Champions league is the players' piss poor performances against Spurs, Liverpool, Monaco...

As if any Liverpool fans who ever come on here are from Liverpool.

95% of their entire fan base are out of towners. Usually lads in their 50s and 60s from shit small Southern towns who have shit or no footy teams, or Ireland, all so proud of where they come from none of them support their local teams.

Scandinavia.

Vincent Kompany:

Totally unnecessary quote imo.

He knows full well why we boo the anthem.

I think it's interesting to get a player's perspective on it, best placed to judge the impact it has on the players I would've thought.

Vincent Kompany:

Thought he was brighter than that.

Vincent Kompany:

regardless of whether people think he should no better

I think that statement speaks volumes

Club legend talking bollocks here.

We boo the anthem before the game.

When the game starts we support the team.

The reason we haven't won the Champions league is the players' piss poor performances against Spurs, Liverpool, Monaco...
Can't agree with Vinny on this one. I am not really in favour of the booing but a lot of people feel strongly about it and have a right to protest. I can't see how or why it should impact upon a professional players preparation and performance. Furthermore, when the anthem is finished the atmosphere in the stadium for most knock out games in the competition is normally good and on par with a big league game. If the fans can separate the two things don't see why the team should be any different. It really is silly to suggest that an end to these protests will enhance our chances of winning the competition. As others have said better to try and stop conceding so many goals in key matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.