League Cup QF Draw - Oxford United (A)

Bloody Oxford. I got food poisoning there in 1989 after eating a baked potato with chilli in a pub before the match. I was living in Kent at the time and decided to stop off, take in that match, go back to Manchester and watch the Palace game which was two days later on the bank holiday Monday. Staying at my parents I had to get an ambulance in the early hours with severe stomach pain. Turned out it was food poisoning and they wouldn't discharge me from hospital, I spent the palace game listening to it on a radio in Wythenshawe hospital. Oxford game below, I am in the City end behind the goal somewhere. Happy days!

Good afternoon,

Oxford fan in peace here, just wanted to say we are looking forward to having the champions of England back at the KASSAM again and will hopefully be able to give you a better game this year. We are flying at the moment and currently 15 unbeaten in all competitions, although I think even the most optimistic of oufc fans will accept this will end at the hands of your team.

For those of you who managed to get a ticket and it's your first time coming to the ground please feel free to ask anything and I'll be happy to help if I can.

P.S. decent game against Chelsea last night, liked the way you managed to nullify their attack after 20 minutes where they were the better side.

Good afternoon,

Oxford fan in peace here, just wanted to say we are looking forward to having the champions of England back at the KASSAM again and will hopefully be able to give you a better game this year. We are flying at the moment and currently 15 unbeaten in all competitions, although I think even the most optimistic of oufc fans will accept this will end at the hands of your team.

For those of you who managed to get a ticket and it's your first time coming to the ground please feel free to ask anything and I'll be happy to help if I can.

P.S. decent game against Chelsea last night, liked the way you managed to nullify their attack after 20 minutes where they were the better side.

Welcome, best place for a pre match drink, city centre or anywhere near the ground?

Bloody Oxford. I got food poisoning there in 1989 after eating a baked potato with chilli in a pub before the match. I was living in Kent at the time and decided to stop off, take in that match, go back to Manchester and watch the Palace game which was two days later on the bank holiday Monday. Staying at my parents I had to get an ambulance in the early hours with severe stomach pain. Turned out it was food poisoning and they wouldn't discharge me from hospital, I spent the palace game listening to it on a radio in Wythenshawe hospital. Oxford game below, I am in the City end behind the goal somewhere. Happy days!

slacker
you can discharge yourself from hospital, i did to watch a city evertob game in thearly nineties

slacker
you can discharge yourself from hospital, i did to watch a city evertob game in thearly nineties

Ha ha I was on the verge of doing so but was talked out of it by the doctor and nurse who said if I relapsed they wouldn't treat me if I discharged myself against medical advice. It worked out well and n the end as I saw us win promotion later.

Welcome, best place for a pre match drink, city centre or anywhere near the ground?
I would say if you are arriving early by train then city centre has plenty of pubs that will allow away fans in (most don't care about football to be honest). Just a warning though the buses from city centre to the stadium (1 or 5) can take 30/45 so leave plenty of time. If you are driving or getting a coach then your options are a little more limited. Their is a bowlplex in the stadium car park that allows away fans in but this gets busy on our normal Saturdays when we are playing Accrington let alone a sell out against you. Service is slow also. Their is also a Franky and Benny's that allows away supporters but has a small bar area.
There is also a couple of pubs in Littlemore that allow away fans in, away fans often park at the stadium and then walk 5/10 minutes to Littlemore.

Hope this helps.

I would say if you are arriving early by train then city centre has plenty of pubs that will allow away fans in (most don't care about football to be honest). Just a warning though the buses from city centre to the stadium (1 or 5) can take 30/45 so leave plenty of time. If you are driving or getting a coach then your options are a little more limited. Their is a bowlplex in the stadium car park that allows away fans in but this gets busy on our normal Saturdays when we are playing Accrington let alone a sell out against you. Service is slow also. Their is also a Franky and Benny's that allows away supporters but has a small bar area.
There is also a couple of pubs in Littlemore that allow away fans in, away fans often park at the stadium and then walk 5/10 minutes to Littlemore.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, how long is the walk from the centre?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.