Champions League 2019/20

I'd rather we didn't even enter the Champions league but that isn't going to happen, we as a club are up to our neck in the trough with the rest and it isn't pretty. That's why we accept the shit thrown at us by what seems to be every governing body without genuinely fighting it. This shit doesn't affect the boardroom who can move on or the players who can move on, it affects the fans and the legacy it leaves which will be a sour one if the club doesn't get off its knees and tell the cartels to fu** off.

Last edited:
Can't agree with Vinny on this one. I am not really in favour of the booing but a lot of people feel strongly about it and have a right to protest. I can't see how or why it should impact upon a professional players preparation and performance. Furthermore, when the anthem is finished the atmosphere in the stadium for most knock out games in the competition is normally good and on par with a big league game. If the fans can separate the two things don't see why the team should be any different. It really is silly to suggest that an end to these protests will enhance our chances of winning the competition. As others have said better to try and stop conceding so many goals in key matches.

I understand what you are saying but the argument against what you mention ('i cant see how it would impact upon a pro players preparation') - well we have just heard it from Vinny himself an ex-professional player from our club. I Don't for one minute think that any of our players even when Vinny was present have not discussed the booing between themselves behind closed doors

I just think it speaks volumes in terms of what the players are feeling

I understand what you are saying but the argument against what you mention ('i cant see how it would impact upon a pro players preparation') - well we have just heard it from Vinny himself an ex-professional player from our club. I Don't for one minute think that any of our players even when Vinny was present have not discussed the booing between themselves behind closed doors

Quite, Vinnie's saying it has an impact so obviously it has an impact.

He only has the club's best interests at heart too.

We're right to boo the Champions League anthem and will continue to do so.

In the grand scheme of things our booing is insignificant.

The players and the various managers' tactics are the reason for our lack of success in this competition. Nothing else.

Can’t wait to see how they put us out this year , they need another angle really , they’ve used all the others or maybe they’ll stick with the tried & tested formula .

Anyone who thinks the corrupt bosses of this corrupt cup will let us anywhere near the final are deluded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.