Miscarriages of justice

A...got any examples
And
B...you are aware that you can now be tried twice For the same crime in the UK aren’t you?

There does seem to have been cases in the past where the wrong person has been found guilty which is obviously a massive mistake. However there are some cunts that need putting down, ive just read that story about this psycho rapist in the MEN. I dont think there is any doubt people like him need ending

As a father of two girls, whenever the subject of the death penalty comes up I always think of that absolute **** Ian Huntley

Not another thread on VAR but on the English legal system. With the current Home Secretary previously (and maybe currently) being in support of the death penalty, documentaries like this remind me of why that's such a bad idea. A good watch and gives you most of the evidence unlike Netflix or Amazon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p060xfr6/unsolved-the-man-with-no-alibi-1-the-night-of

Any other ones that people can think of?
I went to boarding school in Lymington, Hampshire, with Omar Benguit and when I heard about this, my instant reaction was that there was no way on earth he was capable of such a crime.

I know you can never say never, but Omar was, and is, one of the nicest lads I have ever met. And that's despite the type of school we were at, with kids that had emotional, behavioural or familial problems, I believe Omar's were of the latter. I got on very well with him.

There were some people the school could never have helped, Shaun Yeates, Anthony Rose, Kristopher Pohnert to mention a few, but it saved a lot of us from life's scrapheap, to the point I am still in contact with two of my teachers and a care assistant (father of Josh McQuoid, ex-AFC Bournemouth player) some 34 years later, long after Buckland School ceased to exist.

I went to boarding school in Lymington, Hampshire, with Omar Benguit and when I heard about this, my instant reaction was that there was no way on earth he was capable of such a crime.

I know you can never say never, but Omar was, and is, one of the nicest lads I have ever met. And that's despite the type of school we were at, with kids that had emotional, behavioural or familial problems, I believe Omar's were of the latter. I got on very well with him.

There were some people the school could never have helped, Shaun Yeates, Anthony Rose, Kristopher Pohnert to mention a few, but it saved a lot of us from life's scrapheap, to the point I am still in contact with two of my teachers and a care assistant (father of Josh McQuoid, ex-AFC Bournemouth player) some 34 years later, long after Buckland School ceased to exist.

Wow, small world. Thanks for sharing.

Half of the people who supposedly 'grassed' him up have now said they were lying plus with there being a serial killer operating in that area, it just makes no sense to me why he would be responsible.

Apparently he got into a bad way, and had committed a lot of crimes but it's one thing to get into fights and drugs and do other stuff, and another thing to kill a young girl. I think the police stitched him just because they saw him as a local thug/druggie.

The case that instantly comes to mind when I think of serious miscarriages of justice has to be Stefan Kiszco who was accused and tried for the sexual assault and murder of Leslie Molseed and then subsequently incarcerated for 16 long years whilst enduring cruelty relentless beatings and ostracized for a crime he so obviously did not commit. An absolute travesty by our legal profession and the inept and shear incompetent police force of the time and all because he fitted their profile .. Shame eternal shame be upon them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lesley_Molseed

Yes, an absolute disgrace. The worst part was the detective in charge of the case suborned two teenage girls to falsely claim Stefan had tried to sexually assault them. Neither the girls nor the copper were prosecuted.
Just as bad the girl's clothing was stained with semen, which Stefan was incapable of producing and this evidence was witheld from the defence.

Wow, small world. Thanks for sharing.

Half of the people who supposedly 'grassed' him up have now said they were lying plus with there being a serial killer operating in that area, it just makes no sense to me why he would be responsible.

Apparently he got into a bad way, and had committed a lot of crimes but it's one thing to get into fights and drugs and do other stuff, and another thing to kill a young girl. I think the police stitched him just because they saw him as a local thug/druggie.
Conviction rates.

Looking at the part about Restivo, it would seem they overlooked stuff massively, but hey-ho, easier to convict addicts.

Funny story about Omar, he's of Moroccan descent, he'd just got to our school and we were all at lunch, there was a bit of a commotion at one of the tables and a young lad got told to go stand against a wall.... turned out it was Omar, and one of the care staff didn't realise he was muslim, and made him eat pork...Omar ate the first piece then refused to eat more, he was 'exonerated' after the facts came out, he was the only muslim at Buckland.

Us being kids, nicknamed him Porky , to be fair, he found it funny!

Reminds me of this classic video on Youtube:

Obviously the advice doesn't necessarily apply in the UK, but it contains some examples of miscarriages of justice from obviously corrupt cops.

The case that instantly comes to mind when I think of serious miscarriages of justice has to be Stefan Kiszco who was accused and tried for the sexual assault and murder of Leslie Molseed and then subsequently incarcerated for 16 long years whilst enduring cruelty relentless beatings and ostracized for a crime he so obviously did not commit. An absolute travesty by our legal profession and the inept and shear incompetent police force of the time and all because he fitted their profile .. Shame eternal shame be upon them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lesley_Molseed

I Remember well the story about Stefan Kiszco .From what I remember it wasn't incompetence by the police but a criminal act as pretty soon they realised it couldn't not have been him as (I think) he couldn't produce sperm. But instead of admitting a mistake they decided to let him rot. His Mum & Aunt fought like tigers for the truth to come out. Unfortuantly both Stafan & his mum died not to long after he was released

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.